Page 114 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 114

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today...
    B: 2c coffee w/ cream and CO

D: Some of a grilled New York strip steak with 2 slices of extra sharp white vermont cheddar melted and poured on top, topped with herb and garlic seasoned mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat.
    Generous pile of romaine lettuce salad on the side with tomatoes, avocado, and left over tzatziki sauce on it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah safe here LOL. I will stay here, huddled in the corner

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Blueberry! Please let us know if you want any help figuring out your Macros. See the 1st post for the formula.

PS My ancestors on my father's side were from Scotland. No idea where because they were in the US by 1827. I also have a secret love affair with the Bay City Rollers. Yuck, I know. I watched an episode of VH1 Behind the Music about the group. It did not paint a flattering portrait of them lol, But I still have their greatest hits downloaded to my phone.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am finding that tomi is right, it takes a smaller portion of meat to hit my macros than I would sometimes like. But I am plugging along. I absolutely could not do this if I wasn't tracking. I feel certain that by the time I reach goal I won't have to track anymore, but think I will at least do it on occasion to keep myself honest. I will also likely go back to daily weigh ins then to keep myself within a 5 pound window.

Karin, I know this isn't exactly the way to look at macros, but since your carbs were on the low side they would sort of make up for the fact that your protein was a bit high, maybe. Just gotta get in some fat.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

I am finding that tomi is right, it takes a smaller portion of meat to hit my macros than I would sometimes like. But I am plugging along. I absolutely could not do this if I wasn't tracking. I feel certain that by the time I reach goal I won't have to track anymore, but think I will at least do it on occasion to keep myself honest. I will also likely go back to daily weigh ins then to keep myself within a 5 pound window.

Karin, I know this isn't exactly the way to look at macros, but since your carbs were on the low side they would sort of make up for the fact that your protein was a bit high, maybe. Just gotta get in some fat.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I just want to let everyone know that Kroger is selling cream cheese 10 for $10.

wow, wonder if you can freeze it without ill effects?
    Chris
    Unknown

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Yes you can freeze, but it goes from creamy to crumbly. So depends what you will use it for.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Blueberry is offline Member
    Thank you for your warm welcome.
    I have calculated my macros according to your advice to someone else. I am hoping for 60 - 65kg so my aim is approx.
    fat - 125g
    protein - 65g
    carb - 35g
    calories are around 1500
    does that look correct?
    I managed to get my macros yesterday and day before (thanks to something we call here "double cream" - 50g fat in 100ml!!!) but I find calories a bit low so will need time to adjust :/

Pebbles - it is quite fun to look at the map of US and Canada - so many places sound so familiar!

Ania

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    (thanks to something we call here "double cream" - 50g fat in 100ml!!!)
    I think we call "double cream" by the term "heavy".

Finished yesterday at 74% fat, 19% protein, 7% carbs. Total calories was 1701. Really need to dial that back to 1500 if possible. Or start moving more. I was over my fat goal by 24 gm and over protein by 7. Under on carbs by 6. I ate a lot of salads yesterday. Egg salad with a spring mix including spinach in the morning, cheese for lunch (yes just cheese... I had class the night before, so there were no dinner leftovers to enjoy. Same for today), then a big chef salad with lots of meat and egg, but also 2 tbsp of olive oil. Our farmers market had a stand one day that sold garlic and basil infused olive oil. It's absolutely delicious! It would be amazing on bagel chips - if we still ate those. lol I think they just soak the garlic and basil in the olive oil, then strain the things off it, then rebottle it. Great idea. And it makes an amazing salad dressing.

Gonna be low on greens today as I'm out. So just egg salad for breakfast. That's ok by me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)