Page 113 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    UrbanForager- I would suggest trying to get your percentages the way you want, get used to it, and THEN work on getting the calories where you want them. I think after a week of higher fat it will be easier to naturally go down, but as your body is adjusting, trying to keep calories low may be self-defeating. Also, try to make you meal times longer, to give your brain time to realize you just got 400 calories of fat.
    this, plus: If your macros are where they should be, your calories will fall into line in my experience.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I did ok today.. not as well as I would have liked though.

p-75g 37%
    f-101g 50%
    c-25g 13%
    cal-1318

still too much protein!!

Speaking of BP coffee.. I have had it for the last 2 days. Yesterday, fine no problem, this morning I got hungry before 11am. It was a HUGE mug since I was in an inservice and I do not think it had enough fat! Lunch was at a diner and I had a 3 egg omelet. I should not have eaten it all, it was TOO MUCH.. weird considering I used to eat 3 eggs at a pop!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Totally od'd my protein today, oops. Although my carbs were quite low... I've been getting a lot of exersize and have sore muscles, so hopefully more of that protein will go to muscle repair and not glucose?

I've had to start thinking in terms of 1/2 portions of protein (meats). What I want and what I should have to stay "moderate" are 2 different things! So, I'm learning to have only 4 or 5 oz portions of meat for dinner - fatty meat if possible - or add butter to the veggies. It just takes time to get it all tweaked so it works. I've been primal for 14 months - but I'm just now finding my sweet spot for satiety and weight loss. Its been a frustrating year! but worth it! Keep working at it! you'll get there!

I gotta stop the damn coffee, since its not doing anything for me now.
    I have been so hungry all day but not wanting to eat because ive reached my fat limit. Sigh. I did not want to be in this place today.
    Normally I would have only had a BP coffee but have had that and:
    2 x eggs, scrambled with cream and butter, and a rasher of bacon.
    Tuna with sour cream, and 4 cherry tomatoes.

I was going to have chicken soup, but smashed the glass dish in the sink while trying to break the frozen soup because I really wanted some.
    Bahhhhh!

ftr i always feel ripped off when i have bacon. i have so gone off it. try your coffee with hwc instead but dont overdo the cream. gives you more room to move the rest of the day.

@Ayla. I'm back to 206 which was where I was the first Friday of the month. When I get to 200 pounds, that will be a new for me. Haven't been at that weight since 2000, pre-pregnant with my middle daughter
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    @Ayla. I'm back to 206 which was where I was the first Friday of the month. When I get to 200 pounds, that will be a new for me. Haven't been at that weight since 2000, pre-pregnant with my middle daughter
    ooh how exciting. So close!

And damn you spammer, you will be goooone soon

Hello Everyone,

Can I join in? I know it is more than half way thru January now, but I have been following the PB since the 1st after 2 year break dealing with stuff and trying to keep sane - mainly by giving in to my sweet cravings...
    I have about 30kg to lose and lost 3 since the 1st Jan! I have been slowly upping my fat for the last few days as I was catching up with this thread.
    Thanks for inspiration.

Ania

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Can I join in? I know it is more than half way thru January now, but I have been following the PB since the 1st after 2 year break dealing with stuff and trying to keep sane - mainly by giving in to my sweet cravings...
    I have about 30kg to lose and lost 3 since the 1st Jan! I have been slowly upping my fat for the last few days as I was catching up with this thread.
    Thanks for inspiration.

Ania

Of course you can join us.
    A late start is a start... Welcome back.

As you may have noticed there is sometimes some friction around the forums about HFLC/Ketosis these days, but there are still a significant number of us that live by it.
    Some old hands(myself included)... some here newly trying it out.
    This is sort of the current safe haven
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.