Page 112 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 112

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ill check it out thanks
    I am noticing the last few days BP coffee is not keeping me satisfied for long. I wonder why?
    Really need to switch to eating a meal instead I think.

I had a BP coffee an hour ago, and now I am hungry enough to actually eat eggs, and bacon. Which is unheard of, and has now pushed me over my fat for today. I was going to do a half fast, but it just wasn't going to happen. Very odd.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ayla, what is your BPC recipe? I know it seems odd, but when I tried to do them as breakfast I got hungry, I now use the same basic ingredients but have added a couple of things and that sustains me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The creamed coconut was dreamy - but a bit gritty. Package says it has to be refrigerated after opened, so I refrigerated... means it'll be as hard as a rock tomorrow when I want some. If I was a panda, I'd be sad. I can't wait til my coconut butter arrives!!! January 25. Counting down the days til delivery! (seven, if you're interested)
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

LOL Jenn, hopefully you enjoy it then I got some the other day, not fantastic unfortunately

Chris I blend up a cup of plunger coffee, 2 tbs butter, and 1 tbs of coconut oil.

mmm, What I do is to use 1T of the butter, and 2T HWC, a few drops of stevia, and a tsp of matcha powder, in about 12 ounces of hot water and hit it with the stick blender. That is my wake up drink. Then about an hour and a half later, I mix up 2 eggs (or whey), 1C Coconut milk (carton), 1C Almond milk (both unsweetened), a few drops of stevia (I like sweet in the morning), 1T instant coffee granules, 1T MCT, and a small plash of a flavored SF syrup or a few drops of a flavoring. That easily holds me over til late afternoon.

The original recipe called for 2T of each. The MCT, though harder to find, mixes much easier and you don't end up with a slick floating on top of the coffee. MCT is the good stuff from coconut oil I am not sure if it makes a difference in satiety, I doubt it, but who knows?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I do have MCT oil, and occasionally take a spoon ful when I think of it. What is matcha powder?

matcha powder is green tea leaves ground to a powder. It is supposed to have more anti-oxidants than green tea because it is the whole leaf. I prefer the flavor to green tea-richer and not as grassey. I drink green tea because it acts as a diuretic and I have issues with water retention, but matcha is better (and in the end cheaper)

Will your macros allow you to do 2T of the MCT as a substitute for the coconut oil tomorrow as an experiment? Still using the 2T of the butter.
    Chris
    Unknown

oh yes I think I can easily do that. Ill experiment for sure, see if it is better.

Hmm just put in a days food on MFP, without a BP, and having 2 eggs for a meal, and chicken thigh for another puts me over my protein for the day. But still have 50 g of fat to eat.
    That is eating 2 eggs, scrambled with butter and cream. And broccoli with butter, and chicken thigh. It probably is enough food.
    But damn all these numbers are freaking me out!