Page 111 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 111

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    there is a blog called "I know I can fry" and she gives pretty much the same instructions. they always work for me. of course you can always poach them.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I try to split my protein up kind of evenly throughout the day, go heavier with fat earlier in the day, and heavier with carbs later in the day. It is probably all in my head but I think it helps with my sleep.
    I don't think it all in your head - if I don't eat at least 10% of my calories in the form of carbs - I don't sleep well at all! Some of us can do without - some of us can't. Listen to your body - thats the best guide.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Adding about a tsp of salt to the water also helps the eggs peel easier

Day 16 went great!

1 whole egg + 2 yolks in 1.5 TB butter - sprinkled with garam masala, ceyanne pepper and paprika! (thermogenic kick!)
    2 cream cheese clouds
    a pile of steamed veggies with butter
    4 oz spicy ground beef

71/18/8

a little shy on carbs for what I need. Today I will have to try to get more and see if I sleep through the night. Last night I woke up about 4 times. If I get enough carbs I can sleep through the night - except to get up to potty once.

Weight today 179.2 - up a tad - but still in the 170's so I'm a happy girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I am currently sitting on a block of creamed coconut. The stuff hardens as it cools and says to knead it or set it in a bowl of hot water to soften. I think I'll sit on it and incubate it like an egg... And I see the way they do it now. The coconut is in the bottom of the bag with the coconut oil poured in on top. Coconut oil is soft and plyable, but the coconut is not. So, I'm warming it with my butt.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    How very Primal of you.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I can't cook a hardboiled egg to save my life so I don't cook them. I've tried every tip known to mankind.
    Oh dear, well I can't help you then LOL
    What I do, is put the eggs in cold water, and put the element on high. Once water is boiling Turn the element off and leave in the pot on the stove top for 10 mins. Then run under cold water till cool enough to peel

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I did well again yesterday. feeling good.

STATS:
    Calories 1689 (1700)
    Carbs 34g/8% (35g/5%)
    Fat 145g/76% (140g/75%)
    Protein 70g/16% (70g/20%)
    You are really doing awesome. Go you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yesterday felt great. Because I didn't have to go to work, I had bulletproof coffee and then ate brunch around 11. That kept my calories and macros down so that I had room to have tea with CO an hour after dinner. It felt just right and helped me sleep. I think I will try to save enough fats to do that every evening. I am currently trying to drop dairy except for butter and HWC.

As to calories and macros, I don't sweat the cals too much as long as the macros look good. I figure this first month is a learning time. I'll try harder to keep to the calories next month. BUT again being that I am 5'10" tall, I get more calories than most of you with a goal of 170. I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep under 1200.
    Do you think dairy affects you negatively?

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    In good news, I've lost the 4 pounds I gained last week!
    Way to go! Is this is a new low for you

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Adding about a tsp of salt to the water also helps the eggs peel easier

Day 16 went great!

1 whole egg + 2 yolks in 1.5 TB butter - sprinkled with garam masala, ceyanne pepper and paprika! (thermogenic kick!)
    2 cream cheese clouds
    a pile of steamed veggies with butter
    4 oz spicy ground beef

71/18/8

a little shy on carbs for what I need. Today I will have to try to get more and see if I sleep through the night. Last night I woke up about 4 times. If I get enough carbs I can sleep through the night - except to get up to potty once.

Weight today 179.2 - up a tad - but still in the 170's so I'm a happy girl!
    You must feel amazing hey? It feels good when things are working right.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I am currently sitting on a block of creamed coconut. The stuff hardens as it cools and says to knead it or set it in a bowl of hot water to soften. I think I'll sit on it and incubate it like an egg... And I see the way they do it now. The coconut is in the bottom of the bag with the coconut oil poured in on top. Coconut oil is soft and plyable, but the
    coconut is not. So, I'm warming it with my butt.
    Im sorry but this is a funny image, I wish I was there to see it

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't enter my foods last night I think...
    B: Was as usual, 2c coffee w/ cream and CO.

D:I ate a generous bnls/sknls chicken breast, sliced in cutlets, massaged in garlic and herbs, and pan cooked in bacon fat then topped with the strips of bacon over which was allowed to melt a couple of slices of munster cheese.

Some blanched green beans were added to the skillet, splashed with some white wine, garlic and herbs added, reduced, a knob of butter added to finish... squirted with lemon.
    Dinner.

I was -1 again today for a total of 3 this week.
    And a total of -5 since the start two weeks ago.
    (New low # on the scale for me.)
    I like this.
    It's been an excellent reset for me.
    Just plain getting back to food that I know works for me, and not worrying about the rest of it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla - I seem to lose faster if I keep cheese as a special occasion type of thing. Several people on Dr Attia's blog have reported that dairy prevented them from entering deep ketosis as measured by a blood ketone monitor.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Great Cori!
    God a link pebbles? I don't like cheese so much, but butter and cream mmmmm!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it was in the comments section of his first ketosis post. Apparently butter and hwc have very little lactose and so are generally considered ok.