Page 110 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 110

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Could you have a boiled egg or 2? Or you mean you are just not physically able to fit more in?
    I just don't worry if I feel completely satisfied.
    The numbers are starting to stress me out again, so I might have to stop counting now I know my fav things to eat. I don't know.
    I didn't want to get in this place again

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    UrbanForager- I would suggest trying to get your percentages the way you want, get used to it, and THEN work on getting the calories where you want them. I think after a week of higher fat it will be easier to naturally go down, but as your body is adjusting, trying to keep calories low may be self-defeating. Also, try to make you meal times longer, to give your brain time to realize you just got 400 calories of fat.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Sabine, perhaps you are right, I'll work on the percentages, get used to them and then work on the total calories. Looks like today I've over-shot the fat: 84.14%, Protein 13.3% Carbs 2.6%. I tend to eat dinner slowly, I'm always the last to finish, but breakfast not so much. Tomorrow I'll be on the road most of the day so I'll just have to do the best I can. I've cooked up some chicken thighs to take with me and I'll have a good breakfast before I leave.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Sabine is right, I had forgotten that is what I did the first week or so. I actually don't stress if I am off a day, it is trends I worry about.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Could you have a boiled egg or 2? Or you mean you are just not physically able to fit more in?
    I just don't worry if I feel completely satisfied.
    The numbers are starting to stress me out again, so I might have to stop counting now I know my fav things to eat. I don't know.
    I didn't want to get in this place again
    I can't cook a hardboiled egg to save my life so I don't cook them. I've tried every tip known to mankind.
    Georgette

I did well again yesterday. feeling good.

STATS:
    Calories 1689 (1700)
    Carbs 34g/8% (35g/5%)
    Fat 145g/76% (140g/75%)
    Protein 70g/16% (70g/20%)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday felt great. Because I didn't have to go to work, I had bulletproof coffee and then ate brunch around 11. That kept my calories and macros down so that I had room to have tea with CO an hour after dinner. It felt just right and helped me sleep. I think I will try to save enough fats to do that every evening. I am currently trying to drop dairy except for butter and HWC.

As to calories and macros, I don't sweat the cals too much as long as the macros look good. I figure this first month is a learning time. I'll try harder to keep to the calories next month. BUT again being that I am 5'10" tall, I get more calories than most of you with a goal of 170. I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep under 1200.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    In good news, I've lost the 4 pounds I gained last week!
    Georgette

congrats, Geo!

Paula, I am definitely using this month as a learning curve, working out the combinations that work together. Dr. Attia says he has a few go to meals that he uses regularly, I plan to get there too. A couple of breakfast options, a couple of lunch options and maybe 10 dinners or so that I can tweak to make seem different, so the boys don't rebel.
    Chris
    Unknown

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Geo, this is how I do eggs.

I put them in a pan, cover with water til they just start to float. Set on the stove on high. Wait til they're at a rolling boil, then set the timer for 10min + 1 minute for every egg over ten eggs (so if I'm doing 12 eggs, I do 12 minutes; 15 eggs, 15 minutes, but even if I do 8 eggs, I still do 10 minutes).

When the timer goes off, I pull the pan, drain the water and fill up with cold water, replacing the water til it stays cold after a few minutes have passed (gotta stop the cooking process).

I peel them while they're still slightly warm, under running water (peels seem to pull away easier for me that way). Sometimes they're perfect, sometimes the yolks have started to gray/green. Doesn't matter. They're still good. It's better to err on the side of overcooking than undercooking.

I hope this works for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)