Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 11

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Weird, cause mine is so much happier. Of course I am cutting down on veggies (high high fiber) and I have IBD so this is really what it appears I should have been doing all along as far as my intestines are concerned.
    This. I don't have any intestinal disorders but my digestive system is still thanking me for backing off on the piles of veggies. Some people use mountains of BAS etc as a filler for their stomachs but I don't really think it is necessary or even a good idea. The satiation should come from the fat. The vegetables should be added for flavor, color, and variety as you want them. (As opposed to obeying the maternal voice in you head telling you to eat your vegetables. They are good for you.)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    yesterday was a "loose loose" day bowel wise for me. I am not sure if its just day 1 of adjustment, issues with this cold or stress.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I was sort of working on the premise from Dr. Wahls, mixed with a little of another plan, so doing 10 to 12 different non-starchy veggies a day (so still below 100g of carb), high protein (175g to 200g), moderate fat. Now I just do a really nice salad at dinner with homemade dressing, which I love, as the bed for my protein source. It makes an appealing dinner for the eye and the stomach (and the intestines thank me) and it keeps me out of the junk later in the evening.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Karin, no doubt the combination of all three. Hopefully having a few days off at Christmas will give you time to rest and let you heal and reduce your stress.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This. I don't have any intestinal disorders but my digestive system is still thanking me for backing off on the piles of veggies. Some people use mountains of BAS etc as a filler for their stomachs but I don't really think it is necessary or even a good idea. The satiation should come from the fat. The vegetables should be added for flavor, color, and variety as you want them. (As opposed to obeying the maternal voice in you head telling you to eat your vegetables. They are good for you.)
    Please keep mentioning this. I feel amazing, and this is what I'm doing, but a voice in back of my mind keeps telling me I NEED tons of veggies.
    -- Ruth

Ruth, I really think that the fact that I do the salad at dinner helps to calm my "need more veggies voice" I make it very colorful, add nuts and seeds, and a lovely raspberry vinegar and olive oil dressing. I do also have an avocado at lunch, so I get enough in. Certainly more than most people, even more than DD and DH who consider themselves vegetarians.

But no more spinach/kale/and green bean smoothies for breakfast! Now it is a lovely coconut shake, yum. Basically what I do is back load my carbs. Since carbs tend to make me sleepy, I get most of mine at dinner. The ones at breakfast and lunch are almost totally canceled out by their fiber, since I still do net carbs.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-23-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: add info
    Chris
    Unknown

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I remember reading somewhere (or from somewhere, maybe from a book I haven't read yet) that supplementing digestive bitters or HCL with Pepsin can help if you don't have a gallbladder. It boosts your stomach acid production. It was one of the major paleo books that talked about doing that, I think. Anyway, I wonder if some of you without gallbladders might have an easier time with higher fat if you take some apple cider vinegar (mixed in a glass of water) before eating, or some HCL with pepsin.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    okay my stats
    SW = 87kg
    CW = 83 kg (have recently put on a wee bit again !!!!)
    GW = 60-65 kg
    Age = 49
    Height = 5' 7"
    Bust = 37"
    waist = 31"
    hips = 39"
    thighs = 23"
    Bicep = 12"

so I have me a wee ways to go - but sometimes we need to digress to realise how good we have felt, eating this way....so its back on the straight and narrow for me
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Karin, no doubt the combination of all three. Hopefully having a few days off at Christmas will give you time to rest and let you heal and reduce your stress.
    tummy issues again today.. taking pepto
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

NW may have a point about the ACV, you used to do that daily, might be a helpful, easy, cheap way to settle the tummy
    Chris
    Unknown

Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast