Page 109 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 109

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Demuralist your approach makes sense. I need to figure out what the best breakfast for me is and then stick to it. Breakfast isn't my favorite meal so long as it fuels me, that's okay. I'd rather have a more enjoyable dinner since that's when hubby, son and I eat together. I often skip lunch and it looks like I will have to if I'm going to reach my caloric goals and no more BPC.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for the offer to lend me the book. Our library has it, so maybe next time I take a few days off, I will pick it up.

I don't care for breakfast either. I do a liquid one, essentially my matcha powder, with 2T of HWC and 1T of kerrygold. Then I make a smoothie with almond milk, coconut milk, 20g of whey or 2 eggs depending on what I have at lunch, coffee granules, 1T MCT, and sweeteners. Tastes like a mocha egg nog. I didn't eat lunch today until 2, had that drink at 6:30.

I find if I skip lunch totally I get ravenous before dinner, then I eat something and don't get to eat with the family. Lunch today was a cup and a half of homemade beef, cabbage, tomato, bone broth soup, and hot tea with coconut milk and coconut oil. But usually I make an egg salad with 2 eggs, a whole avocado, 1T of homemade mayo, and have 1.5 oz of gouda on the side. Then I drink the tea plain.

I try to split my protein up kind of evenly throughout the day, go heavier with fat earlier in the day, and heavier with carbs later in the day. It is probably all in my head but I think it helps with my sleep.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    This is an alert message I received from the BodyMedia site where I download my GoWearFit monitor.

"Today, 81% of the total calories you consumed came from fat. It is recommended to limit this level to 35%. Think small when it comes to meat portions, or replace them with vegetarian options like an easy chick pea salad:" *a helpful recipe was included. It also keeps warning me that my dietary cholesterol is too high.

I guess I did everything right today.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    LOL Pebbles you must be
    I got 98% on my first Animal Homeopathy module woo! (studying this as well as the Naturopathy). I just got the second module and its all about nutrition and problems that come from bad nutrition. And it talks about how grains are so bad for our pets, so yay! I knew this, but its all so fascinating. It leads on to things like problems from vaccines and other chemicals etc. I posted about my dog in my journal. But I do love natural medicine!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Anyone seen this book yet? Wondering if it's worth the purchase price.

Eat Well Feel Good - Practical Paleo Living
    I just got it today and I love it! Well worth buying. Good meals without being complicated.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

That book is on my wishlist at Amazon.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    The only one star review I saw was from someone who wanted pictures.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Have any of you had days where you just can't get protein up? I have a couple of days a week like this. Today, my protein was around 55g. My fats were 132 and carbs around 20g.
    Georgette

How much protein are you aiming for Geo, those numbers look not too bad I think.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I'm supposed to be getting 62-71g daily.
    Georgette