Page 108 of 209 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 108

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So glad your stressors have gone Pebbles, im sure it won't be long till you are a fat burning beast again
    Chris I will give up on the pork for now, but it tastes sooo good LOL. But its not anything spectacular, so not eating it will not deprive me of anything. Its just weird that I can eat bacon without feeling sick though. I am so happy I can add eggs back in though.
    I cook my bone broth in the slow cooker on low for at least 24 hours , sometimes longer.
    Jenn that is awesome, you are doing so well I too feel skinnier every day LOL, its weird, the scale hasn't moved that much yet, but things still seem to be shifting. Its weird, but good.
    I too occasionally miss energy drinks (V, 24g carb in one can, crazy!). Having a small amount of sweet potato occasionally wouldn't put you over. Does it make you want more starch though?
    HB if you are losing, then you are probably getting enough, but maybe track for a couple of days just to see?
    YAY for another loss Tomi. Yes sorry I realised after I posted I read your post wrong Interesting that your body feels better on just a little carbs over none, thats great you realised. Some days I have 0 and feel fine, but I am learning to listen to my body now, so it seems to tell me if I need some.
    UF it could be the BP coffee. I have one every morning, but I am still unsure about it. Although I am losing still. But it is a large amount of fat (1/2 my intake), so can be tricky to get the rest in if you still need to eat more (I eat one other meal).
    Following those macros posted, should help

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Alright everyone, looks like we are all chugging along nicely, I am feeling good every day, and still cannot believe this lack of hunger and being able to eat just what I need to get through the day. Food does not rule me anymore. And I did slip up with that coconut sugar the other day, but I was able to grab a hold of it, and not end up out of control. So I call that a win.
    Just over 2 weeks till my big boy starts school, and I am not looking forward to it He is so that is the main thing. Ill have to hold myself together on that first day. My husband has the day of work for me thankfully.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I just entered what I planned on eating for dinner into my sparkpeople calculator and that would put me 133 calories over what I should have, that's including the 2T of oil for SLD and NO snacks. Seems like the easiest thing to do would be to not take the oil but I was hoping the the oil would help me to eat less, even though it doesn't feel like I'm eating all that much. Black tea tomorrow for sure. Thanks for being patient with me this whole tracking thing is new to me.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So essentially you want to weigh 50kg...

Using easy rounding (so my brain doesn't have to work too hard)...

Protein ~ 50g = 200calories
    Fat ~100g = 900 calories
    carbs ~ 25 g = 100 calories
    Total = 1200 calories
    This is also what I was going to do for you, UF. I hope it proves successful for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Anyone seen this book yet? Wondering if it's worth the purchase price.

Eat Well Feel Good - Practical Paleo Living

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    so here is an idea UF, just do one T of the oil? For the BPC in the morning use less of the fats. Now granted I get more food than you do, but I put 1T of butter and 1T of MCT total in my morning drinks (as well as 2T of HWC) but obviously I could use half that if I wanted to save fat for later.

Also, I usually track my whole day first thing to make sure I can eat what I want for dinner. I usually eat the same breakfast and the same lunch most days, it makes it easier to know what I can have for dinner
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I have not seen it but have seen a few recipes that look really good from her.

I am thinking about Nora's book, Primal Body Primal Mind, but hate the idea of buying yet another book that fits in with my current tweak that I think is my final tweak
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I have not seen it but have seen a few recipes that look really good from her.

I am thinking about Nora's book, Primal Body Primal Mind, but hate the idea of buying yet another book that fits in with my current tweak that I think is my final tweak
    Nora's book was very science-y if I remember correctly. She focuses on low carb, yes. But she talks about how it's so much better for our minds as opposed to weight loss. I might have to look at it again, though, b/c for some reason I'm recalling it was more involved than that. I never finished reading it b/c I moved on to another book ("What's Eating Your Child", I think, which I also didn't finish b/c while I agreed with some of her ideas, she kept including whole grains as part of a healthy diet - while earlier indicating that gluten is bad... wtf?). Anyhow, I don't think PBPM is a bad read, even if it is the same thing you're doing now. It never hurts to read more - you could possibly stumble upon something you didn't know.

I just sort of wondered because she is apparently of the mindset that 25g per meal/eating is the upper limit on what our body uses as protein and converts the rest. As opposed to a daily limit. I have just started trying to use that as a guide and it actually is what helped me to hit my protein goals for the day.

the truth is I would be unlikely to finish it as well. I do better with blogs, but hers is rife with "buy my book for the complete information" type of stuff. I don't blame her, mind you, but I am looking for free info. I have already spent a small fortune in my life time trying to lose weight.
    Chris
    Unknown

I would love to lend you the book, but sadly I bought it on my Kindle. Did you check a library for it? Maybe you can borrow it from one?