Page 107 of 209 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 107

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not really getting cravings for non-primal foods, just primal foods that are over my calorie amount for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Don't you hate it when you give yourself permission to indulge a little bit and whatever you indulge in turns out to be crap? What a waste of a good indulgence!
    I find this is usually the case. On the other hand the primal indulgences rarely disappoint!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm down another pound - stick to it people - this thing works! today - 178.8!!! I love it when I see a brand new number on the scale! A SMALLER number that is! Never fun to see a bigger number! UGH!

Ayla, I don't remember saying I will never be in ketosis............ I thought I said I must be in ketosis.

Yesterday I ended up with very odd numbers........ so there must have been a calculation error somewhere. Here's the numbers:

Total calories: 1347
    Fat: 76%
    Protein: 19%
    Carbs - 0 --- yes, ZERO! I didn't eat any carbs yesterday.

Not sure where the other 5% went????? I must have missed something.

Anyway - big mistake to NOT eat ANY carbs. I slept aweful! I woke up every couple hours all night! So, I'm feeling sluggish today.

I made a pot of broth using soup bones from the butcher. I roasted them first - then put them in crock put with carrots, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. I put it on low and let it go for 2 days. Then I strained out all the solids (thats for Zeus, I mix it with his dry food). I keep the fat and add a TB or so to each cup of hot steaming broth! YUMMY!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    EAT YOUR FAT AND LIKE IT, BODY.
    Yes... *evilvoicewithMr.BurnsfromtheSimpsonshandthing*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think I need some help. I used a couple of sites to calculate my daily calories to loose weight and the average seems to be around 1000, I normally consume about 1400.

Here's what I've had for breakfast and I'm already up to 516:
    coffee
    2T butter
    1 cup bone broth
    1 tsp coconut oil
    3 hard boiled eggs

I haven't had my 2T of oil as per SLD if I add that in it leaves precious little for food for the rest of the day. I was planning on having a grass fed burger with caramelized onions and avocado and a small helping of home made Caesar salad.

BTW my pants are tighter, what am I doing wrong? I think tomorrow I will skip the bullet proof coffee and have black tea instead.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay Tomi, so excited for you!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I think I need some help. I used a couple of sites to calculate my daily calories to loose weight and the average seems to be around 1000, I normally consume about 1400.

Here's what I've had for breakfast and I'm already up to 516:
    coffee
    2T butter
    1 cup bone broth
    1 tsp coconut oil
    3 hard boiled eggs

I haven't had my 2T of oil as per SLD if I add that in it leaves precious little for food for the rest of the day. I was planning on having a grass fed burger with caramelized onions and avocado and a small helping of home made Caesar salad.

BTW my pants are tighter, what am I doing wrong? I think tomorrow I will skip the bullet proof coffee and have black tea instead.
    The problem is that those websites you're using are following CW guidelines.

what is your goal weight?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The problem is that those websites you're using are following CW guidelines.

what is your goal weight?
    I think maybe 110-112. At the beginning of January I weighed 117 now I weigh 120. What I really want to do is loose a pant size, I now wear an 8 (4 on top) and would like to wear a 6. Size 8 doesn't fit that great, baggy in the legs and butt, but a 6 is too tight on my stomach.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if I'm getting enough fat or too much fat. I know I should be tracking. If I hold steady or gain weight I am probably getting too much, right? If i continue to lose I'm getting enough?
    ok so maybe while you are trying to get the hang of the whole tracking thing you could just try to figure out your fat grams? You can google "nutrition data" and a site powered by "self" (magazine I think) will give you very precise information on just about anything you want it for. If you hold steady or gain it could be too many carbs or too much protein is slowing the move to NK. Lets try this...list what you eat on a typical day, or yesterday, or today and we can help you figure it out.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I think maybe 110-112. At the beginning of January I weighed 117 now I weigh 120. What I really want to do is loose a pant size, I now wear an 8 (4 on top) and would like to wear a 6. Size 8 doesn't fit that great, baggy in the legs and butt, but a 6 is too tight on my stomach.
    So essentially you want to weigh 50kg...

Using easy rounding (so my brain doesn't have to work too hard)...

Protein ~ 50g = 200calories
    Fat ~100g = 900 calories
    carbs ~ 25 g = 100 calories
    Total = 1200 calories
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Demuralist, that's the macro breakdown I originally calculated. 1200 calories sounds much better then 1000. So according to those macros I've had about half my amount of protein and fat for the day and have only consumed 2g of carbs. This eases my mind, I think I can work work with this. Thanks.