Page 106 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 106

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Morning,

Working to get back into ketosis. The financial and marital stress has lifted so I feel mentally ready to jump back in. I've decided to stop eating cheese so these lovely cream cheese clouds are not for me. I'm off on a snow day today so I can concentrate on taking care of myself.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-16-2013 at 04:16 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Geo, I only make beef bone broth. It does add a distinct smell to the house, but then I just saute some onions and garlic and that makes it all smell yummy. I drain off the fat and use it elsewhere in cooking, it makes the flavor of the broth a bit strong for me.

Ayla, if it makes you sick, don't eat it. I eat very little meat of any kind right now, and no pork, why force it?

Had a very good day yesterday. Oddly though I have been having trouble with puffiness in the mornings. Retaining water, which doesn't really make sense. I do drink tons of liquids, will up it a bit today and see if that helps.

Sleep last night was 94% efficiency! it has been getting better and better. It started at just over 50% efficiency, jumped to the 80's this past month and last night hit 94%, first time in the 90's since I have been measuring it!

STATS:
    Calories 1607 (1700)
    Carbs 34g 8% (35g)
    Fat 141g 76% (140g)
    Protien 68g 16% (70g)

That is about as spot on as it can get!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    LOVE beef bone broth!
    How do you make it? I plan on making a batch this weekend and I have a batch of chicken bone broth on now.
    Georgette

I put about 3lbs of bones in my crock pot, cover with water plus about an inch above, add a heavy splash of ACV (about 2 to 4 tablespoons) and about 2T of spike seasoning salt. (sorry I am not a measurer). on high about 24 hours. You know they are done when the marrow easily comes out of the bone. I have had a batch take up to 48 hours and one as little as 12 hours. But I don't think you can over cook it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Demuralist, do you have to add water while you're "cooking"? I've been afraid to put the crock pot on high for bone broth, but now I think I will.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I actually think a long low cook yields better flavor, but that is just me. Another thing i do when cooking beef bones is to add onion, garlic, etc to the pot. Yummy smells! Also, roasting the bones first makes them smell better than raw bones.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi ladies. Checking in. Doing swell. Was hopeful that the scale would move today, and it did - 0.6 lbs... I don't tend to pay attention to the amount beyond the decimal, so no changes to mark on my ticker.

FEELING skinny though. Arms appear to be slimmer and the sweater I'm wearing makes me appear slimmer as well. Someone in the hall at work commented that I'm getting skinny. A lot of comments recently, actually. Someone (a lady) told me last week that I'm looking good! I noticed in the reflection of some glass that my overall profile is slimmer, however my butt still takes up a bit of room. I'd almost like to have no butt... lol I can't wait to measure!!

Loving this way of life - except I have noticed I am missing a few things. I suppose that's normal for day 15? I realized this morning that I miss energy drinks - not for the boost, but for the taste. Odd. And what brought this up was that they talked about them on the radio. I guess there are a lot of problems with them - seizures, racing heartbeat, etc - well, DUH! Look at the stimulants in them! I was one of those people who bought 24 packs directly from the coke distributor when I was drinking them. *blush* Hey, give me a break. I was a new mom and exhausted!

I also miss some starchy faves - white potatoes being one. Sweet potatoes being another. Then, of course, I've had a crush on some sugary items in my home as well recently.

Cream cheese clouds - heavenly.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I do not have to add water to the crock pot, but if I leave the house (and when I sleep) I often put it down to low. Yes, if I am not being lazy I will add the bits of veggies that got cut off (tops of onions and garlic, celery leaves, etc) as well as roast the bones. But I am a lazy cook so usually I don't bother. But I also rarely drink the broth straight, it is almost always a base for soups. If I was drinking it straight I would definitely take the effort to add veggies and roast the bones (I might even roast the veggies too).

I don't miss things so much as when I see them I want them. I was never a big fan of pasta, potatoes, or grains so no loss there. I do love a good piece of cake though. Luckily that is not easy to come by.
    Chris
    Unknown

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Don't you hate it when you give yourself permission to indulge a little bit and whatever you indulge in turns out to be crap? What a waste of a good indulgence!

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm getting enough fat or too much fat. I know I should be tracking. If I hold steady or gain weight I am probably getting too much, right? If i continue to lose I'm getting enough?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    - except I have noticed I am missing a few things. I suppose that's normal for day 15? I realized this morning that I miss energy drinks - not for the boost, but for the taste. Odd.
    I'm getting odd cravings too, and for foods I don't even normally eat (like popcorn).

EAT YOUR FAT AND LIKE IT, BODY.