Page 102 of 209 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 102

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    is creamed coconut (like this one: Let's Do Organic Creamed Coconut, 7-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food) the same as coconut butter (like this one: Artisana 100% Organic Raw Coconut Butter -- 16 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food)

If it is, then I have some at home already. My question, does coconut BUTTER have to be refrigerated like creamed coconut?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    No, coconut butter is more like coconut oil... but with WAY more coconut flavor.
    ***EDIT: I lied! It seems there are two kinds of creamed coconut and the one you posted is the same as coconut butter.
    Coconut butter, creamed coconut, and coconut manna are all pretty much the same thing.
    I was confusing the creamed coconut with another sweetened coconut milk product that comes in a can. Derp

Anyway... It's basically dried coconut meat, with no water left in it, ground into a fine paste. So just the oil is left in it.

I generally have the Coconut Manna version on hand... I think they are close to the same. Here is a little thing that explains.
    Artisana Coconut Butter Vs. Nutiva Coconut Manna
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-15-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Cori.. I have been thinking about it.. you need a webcam for your aquarium I can look at to de-stress during the day!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The reason I ask is b/c Mark posted a blog showing that the two are different. (Yes, he also talks about coconut cream, which IS different (it comes from a can)).

The creamed coconut I linked is what I can buy here at home for less than $3, but is supposed to be refrigerated between uses. The coconut butter I posted says refrigeration is not recommended, thus my confusion. Mark says creamed coconut is just the meat... here. I guess the difference is texture b/c of the oil content??

Creamed coconut, he says, has a higher fat content (by 4 grams). 2 tbsp = 1 oz according to Google.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    cori.. I have been thinking about it.. You need a webcam for your aquarium i can look at to de-stress during the day!
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 and all the +1's it takes to reach infinity!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Cori.. I have been thinking about it.. you need a webcam for your aquarium I can look at to de-stress during the day!
    LOL
    You know... one of these days!
    Maybe when I set up a the new tank and rebuild the old one as a biotope I'll set up cameras and be all techie and cool.

Right now Spike (the little guy with the unicorn horn) is begging for food like the piglet he is.
    My anemone... (Oh wow I just remembered I managed ot get a pic of that uploaded) is fat and happy because I fed it some octopus tentacle last night...

And I need to get in there and get wet to do a little cleaning and put an Acan coral colony back upright because a big PITA turbo snail bulldozed it over sideways last night.

One clown fish(the big female) is snuggled up in the anemone, and the little male clown is making a fish taco of himself in the Duncan coral where he slides himself between the multiple heads and all you can see is his little face and tail peeking out... this happens because the female rules the roost and sometimes boots the little male from the bed.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed, go to the first post in this thread. There is an explanation on how to figure out macros. Once you have those then to get calories you multiply fat gram by 9, protein and carb grams by 4 then add them all together and that is your calories.
    Thankyou =) i get about 1200 that way if i keep my fat grams at about double my protein grams. still carnivoring and onto day 8 so i am still having way too much protein. prob equal to the fat gs but still looking thinner every day. i was only originally going to carnivore for a week so will change it all this week. just difficult in the school hols when i have kids to feed. i kinda feel guilty giving them nachos when i am eating steak tartare. not that they would eat steak tartare anyways!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    just as an fyi and for future reference, I posted the link to that article on getting fat for NK in our recipe group. I know it isn't a recipe but the question gets asked so often I thought it would be easier to find it there.

I am just slowly decreasing my protein grams, they were way high at first but pretty much in line most days now. Funny thing is I tried a plan in which I was trying high protein and had trouble hitting the mark! Go figure.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

nivia is offline Junior Member
    Mine comes out to 50g protein, 25g carbs, and 100g fat... My question is how do you get that much fat in your diet without accumulating more protein than you're supposed to have? I think since I started trying to eat primal, I've been eating a ton of protein, and I feel like I'm gaining weight....

nivia is offline Junior Member
    Ha, posted before I saw where you said you posted a link to the fat vs. protein question.. sorry Where is the link you mention above?
    Last edited by nivia; 01-15-2013 at 03:11 PM.