Page 101 of 209 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 101

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I find myself relying on cheese for a lot of my fats. Was just wondering how others were hitting their marks without dairy.
    RMS does not eat dairy. I am not sure if she is traveling or can pop on here. I know she uses CO and coconut butter to get her fat. Also, Dermurist posted a great article a page back or so with a link on how to get more fat in the diet. If I can find it, I will report.

found it

How to Add More Fat to Your Low Carb Diet for Nutritional Ketosis
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula- thanks for the clue about porkrinds and blue cheese.. I am in love..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Was there (I've looked all over) a discussion about there being a problem with eating brussel sprouts and gaining weight?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think so Rosemary. I eat brussel sprouts and haven't gained any weight from them. Just add bacon!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Good info to have! Thank you.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm mostly dairy free (lactose intolerant) I can use butter or ghee, and goat and sheep cheeses. So very little dairy. Mostly I use coconut milk, coconut oil, bacon fat for cooking, animal fat, eggs, I think that's it.

Hey, if anyone is interested, I saw that Marks Sauces and dressings book has dropped by $3. It's not $16 something instead of 19 something. If anyone was on the fence (like me) it might be time to buy it (I luckily have an Amazon gift card I can use!!)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    this is turning out to be an eye opening time for lots of us! Figuring out triggers and learning how to "un-cock" them is key to winning the battle! Keep up the great work you guys!!!
    This is so true Tomi!

I've been doing this a long time, not completely for weight loss you know... but because I have other medical issues that eating HFLC helps to control.

When I started I never realized how much it would change my relationship with food.
    How I would slowly just stop having the triggers/binges.
    I think that you have to do the self examination and reflection along with the diet for an extended period... but I also think it's worth it.
    Yes, set backs happen! Like with Paula or Ayla this week.
    But you say to your self, "Why did that happen?" and get right back on the horse...
    And after a while, at least for me, the incidents get further and further apart.

The last incident, just before x-mas, I had was months apart from any other binge as far as I can remember... I had already flown to my family's in TN twice for an illness/death in the family situation, I have a history of abuse in my family so visiting them is extra stressful, and I was having to go back for the 3rd time in 3months at x-mas (missing x-mas with my husband in the process) to pick up my son and bring him home.
    What did I binge on... a can of "lite" Whipped cream. The kind you tip up and dispense right into your mouth. Not the lite lower fat stuff... the artificially sweetened kind. The BIG bottle. I ate it over two days... but most of it on one. The first day some of it went into my coffee and a few shots went in my mouth. The second day... all the WHIP, in my mouth!
    Honestly not the worst binge I can ever think of.
    But I had just written an entire post in my journal about how I thought I was past all bingeing.
    Nope... it just takes so much MORE.

Most of you have probably noticed that I don't track.
    I have in the past. And my macros do vary a bit from day to day... for me this is fine since I'm already in the "long haul" phase of this... not the initial phases where one needs motivation to keep going. If I see no weight loss for a week or only 1lb, it doesn't phase me anymore. I'm a slow and steady journey kind of girl.
    For me this is just me doing what I do all the time.
    It's a great little reset after the x-mas travel where my family tried to kill me with inappropriate food...
    And I can offer support maybe.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-15-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I made the cream cheese clouds. What I love about this recipe is the flexibility. I used mascarpone, salted butter, coconut butter, vanilla, blackberry honey and cocoa powder. After a few tweaks to tone down the greasy aftertaste my hubby was noticing (add more coconut butter) I am pleased to report that they are setting up quickly in the fridge. DH says it tastes just like a good chocolate mousse. Maybe it will keep him from eating quite so much crappy ice cream!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I don't think so Rosemary. I eat brussel sprouts and haven't gained any weight from them. Just add bacon!
    I've always eaten them too. I looked up the nutrition and the 1 carb is cancelled out by the 1 net carb and no sugar. I was almost positive it was on this thread. Thanks.