Page 100 of 209 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 100

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rats, now that I have gotten to the end of the thread I am not sure I can remember who I wanted to respond to ....

Seaweed, go to the first post in this thread. There is an explanation on how to figure out macros. Once you have those then to get calories you multiply fat gram by 9, protein and carb grams by 4 then add them all together and that is your calories.

Geo, thrilled I could help. I am a "member" on LC friends as well, I will probably join the February NK thread, I feel too far behind to go into the January one.

To the sweet fat bombs, I can't do them either. I can control the savory (cream cheese with olives on celery is my go to).

If the scale is making you nuts, get off of it and wait till the end of the month.

What is the deal with the potatoes? Who the heck thought up the idea of eating nothing but potatoes with nothing on them. OMG, you could do that with anything, but it is not sustainable, and could not possibly be healthy in the long run. weight loss | Grass Fed Girl
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    It's not supposed to be sustainable, no more than 2 weeks. Taters make me fat though...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey gang, Sounds like everyone is doing well.

I have no weightloss to report this week. This plan is working great for me, but I've had a few binge days. The nice thing is that I am learning a lot about my binge eating disorder...what does and does not set it off. My first binge was Saturday night. I did some extreme exercise in the AM and then did bills in the afternoon and got some bad financial news. The physical and emotional came together to cause several hours of binge ideation. (I know I am in trouble when my mind clearly imagines what I will eat and how it will taste.) I finally gave in at about 8pm.

I ate cleanly on Sunday and still had a chance to salvage the 2 lb loss for the week, but Sun night my husband and I had a fight about money which continued by email all day yesterday. By the end of the day the "Oh F it" attitude had arrived and I was bingeing on sugar. Today I am allowing myself to eat whatever I want. Tomorrow I will get back on track with HFLC.

I have had 12 clean days so far this month which is good. I am coming to a clearer understanding of my binge triggers the longer I am able to stay clean between binges.

Keep up the good work everyone!
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-15-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I did a little bit of a test this morning. Weighed after peeing. 189.6 Weighed after pooping 189.9 An hour later 188.6

I am taking that as today's weight. 192.7 two weeks ago, 188.6 today. Four pound weight loss, two pounds a week average.

Next weighin on February 1st.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    TOO many things going on at once. I have to stop myself and remind myself to take care of me!! DD is back to school but is a bear as her phycial activity is way way restricted. Building WMD's at school (catapults. I call them WMD's because a couple of years ago a kid forgot theirs outside, freaked out a maintenance man and they called the bomb squad... OMG..the superintendent had a good laugh in the end), preparing for a sub thurs and fri because I have cognitive coaching..I just feel like I am running running running.. I need to stop for a fat break at some point.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Instead of driving myself crazy trying to get caught up, I think I'll just jump back in. Doing well with the eating.

This week, so far, my macros are nice: 74% fat, 20% protein, 6% carbs.
    Last week's over all macro breakdown was 69% fat, 25% protein, 6% carbs. On average, though, I was 575 calories over.
    And the days previous look like this:

1/2: 67%, 24%, 9% (1608 total calories, 287 remaining b/c of exercise calorie allowance)
    1/3: 68%, 24%, 8% (1483 total calories, 282 remaining b/c of exercise calorie allowance)
    1/4: 64%, 27%, 9% (1990 total calories, 490 over - no exercise, ate at Applebee's for dinner)

1/5, 1/6 I took off for birthday parties and both days were rediculously high carb.

I haven't tested for ketones recently simply b/c it's TOM and I don't know if that would screw up the results or not. I'm hoping it doesn't prevent me from donating blood on Friday.

ANYHOW, I think I'm doing well. Losing well anyway. 9 lbs in the 14 days I've been following this WOE. January 26 is going to put a kink in things though. We have DH's team dinner for work and I'm not entirely sure the meat dishes will be gluten free. I can manage to stay as low carb as possible, but I can't be certain the measurements will be right b/c I don't know how they'll be preparing the meal. I think it's a family style restaurant, so I can pick and choose what I want, but not sure how it's going to work out yet. Will have to play that one by ear.

4 lbs to go to get back to my primal low.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    this is turning out to be an eye opening time for lots of us! Figuring out triggers and learning how to "un-cock" them is key to winning the battle! Keep up the great work you guys!!!

I'm starting day 15. So far so good. No cheats and numbers have been spot on every day. Yesterday numbers look like this:
    Calories - 1358
    Fat - 70% (highest yet!)
    Protein - 21 %
    Carbs - 8%

I think I am in the "zone" Not sure, but I must be in ketosis with the numbers as they are. I know my pee has a very odd odor to it! YUCK!

Weight - no change today.

Gonna go walk................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Question - anyone doing this without dairy?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm mostly dairy free. Some butter with my eggs in the morning - and 1 or 2 cream cheese clouds a day. Thats all.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I find myself relying on cheese for a lot of my fats. Was just wondering how others were hitting their marks without dairy.