Page 10 of 209 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 10

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The increase of fat has upset my digestive system too.. hopefully this is short term.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Weird, cause mine is so much happier. Of course I am cutting down on veggies (high high fiber) and I have IBD so this is really what it appears I should have been doing all along as far as my intestines are concerned.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

My stats:
    Goal in kilos: 60
    Carbs: 30
    Protein: 50
    Fat: 120

Total calories 1400
    Ratios: fat 77%, protein 14%, carbs 9%
    Please stick around Tomi.

Thanks for figuring my numbers for me. It's so nice to have someone with the same goals! . I'm in 1/1/13.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 12-23-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the invitation Paula!
    I was contemplating in my mind whether I wanted to do this or not for a few hours this morning, but I think I will give it a go. Will be difficult as I go home to my family for Christmas vacation. They are completely down with my primal ways, though trying to follow this could be difficult around them and they might think I am taking the primal idea a little far meh....

It is easy to make excuses to "wait" and start until after the holidays, but whats the point. I am going to start now. Well, I better start tomorrow because I am already over in my carbs from breakfast, oops

I am not entirely sure how to calculate what I need for macros?
    My current weight - 130 pounds
    My goal weight - 120 pounds
    Height - 5 ft. 3 in.

Nothing around at the moment to actually figure my weight but I know this is very close. Also I think I will purchase a tape measurer so I can actually figure up my progress... helps to motivate
    Goal - to feel better, look better, and be binge free
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Freedom.please, using your 120pound goal weight I got 54kg. So using rounding...54g of protein, double that (give or take 10% depending on goals) for fat equals 108g, and half that for carbs equals 27g of carb.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Ok --- I'll keep on going - but know that my fat will be high-ish, not really HIGH!

Yesterday I learned that cheese now gives me issues. It used to be just milk - now it seems all dairy is out of the question. I've been lactose intolerant since I was about 30. But I could always eat cheese. Yesterday I had eggs and bacon with cheese - and got the same indigestion and massive "flush" that I get with just milk. UGH! Does this mean I can't eat the cheesecake I've been saving in the freezer on New Years Eve? *pouting*
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Ok --- I'll keep on going - but know that my fat will be high-ish, not really HIGH!

Yesterday I learned that cheese now gives me issues. It used to be just milk - now it seems all dairy is out of the question. I've been lactose intolerant since I was about 30. But I could always eat cheese. Yesterday I had eggs and bacon with cheese - and got the same indigestion and massive "flush" that I get with just milk. UGH! Does this mean I can't eat the cheesecake I've been saving in the freezer on New Years Eve? *pouting*
    I think it would be a good idea to not assume fat or cheese is the culprit in regards to your recent digestive issues.I suggest eating clean with moderate fat and no cheese for a few weeks then test by upping fat slowly and see how you do.Then try cheese again to see how it treats you.

The slips, especially the cookies, may be at fault.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Here's a recipe that I make for Brocolli Cheese Soup:

1 Tbsp butter
    1 Cup HWC
    1 8oz block of cream cheese
    3 cups chicken broth
    bag frozen or fresh chopped brocolli
    2 cups sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
    pepper to season

In a pan, place your chicken broth and brocolli in a pan and let cook until soft. In a separate pan, melt your butter, HWC and cream cheese until smooth. When all that is melted, add your cheddar cheese. Once brocolli is cooked, take a stick blender and break the brocolli into smaller pieces, add to cheese mixture and add a little pepper to season. Enjoy!

Don't ask me what the macros are but I know it's high in fat. I know you can google it to get the info.
    please excuse my ditsiness but what is HWC ??????
    thank you
    Gwamma x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

HWC= Heavy Whipping Cream

yeah tomi, glad you decided to stay. You will do what you need to, no judging here just support!
    Chris
    Unknown

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx Chris - I am in, but I don't seem to be very good at keeping on track at the moment - however you might all keep me honest ??????
    will post my stats as soon as I get myself a decent tapemeasure
    Tracy
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 10 of 209 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast