Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no soap/shampoo/anything page

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member

no soap/shampoo/anything

Shop Now
    I've gone 100% without soap/shampoo/face wash/deodorant/conditioner/any product/etc... for 3 months now and am very happy with the results. This is the first winter in which my skin hasn't started peeling off. Ironically my skin is softer and less dry after stopping moisturizer use. My armpits and private areas don't smell bad anymore after a long day. My face no longer progresses from dry/scaly to extra-oily over the course of a day. My hair doesn't get oily and gross anymore, it sort of stays in this perpetual slightly moist state that is easy to style.

If you haven't tried this you need to! My biggest concern was odor but that turned out to be a non-issue. If anything, I smell better now that the oil glands aren't working in overdrive.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I worked in a few sewer plants back in the 90s, and one thing I noticed is that it smells horrible at first, but after about 20 minutes or so, you don't smell anything anymore.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    I worked in a few sewer plants back in the 90s, and one thing I noticed is that it smells horrible at first, but after about 20 minutes or so, you don't smell anything anymore.
    I had a similar experience working in a fish factory.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    lol snipe if you must but my skin was not reacting well to daily soap, shampoo, and facial wash. It would be dry after washing, and then be covered in oil by the end of the day. the first week wasn't so great, everything was just super oily, but after about 2 weeks my skin adapted and totally changed for the better. My little sister who would always rag on me for having BO now says I don't smell bad anymore, and she never says anything nice to me ever.
    Last edited by dizzyorange; 12-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    lol snipe if you must but I don't think I'm the only one who's tried this to good effect.
    I didn't mean to snipe. I think some do perfectly fine w/o personal care products. I like to limit my use too, sometimes I do fine w/o them and sometimes I do not. I have no idea why.

Paleobird Guest
    I tried the whole no poo thing back when I had long hair and it was a greasy miserable flop. Now that I have short hair, I've tried it again and it works brilliantly. I just wash my hair once a week with an all natural coconut milk based conditioner. I have had long and short hair many times over the years and this is the first time I have ever had short hair that I can just run a comb through in the morning and be ready to go. It doesn't argue with me and stand up in a thousand different directions.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    No soap, no shampoo here.

Washing hands doesn't require all this "anti-bacterial" crap. Rubbing with water does it just fine, and I've heard it has the same effect in terms of getting rid of bacteria.

And now I can go 24 hours without a shower, without my hair looking extremely oily.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I just wash my hair once a week with an all natural coconut milk based conditioner.
    A name?

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I stopped using most soaps a few months ago and really dig it. Now I just use a bar of coconut oil soap for the 'pits and bits' in the shower each day and hit my hair with it once every week or so. I also make my own deodorant using coconut oil, arrow root powder, baking soda, and essential oils, and have never had better smelling, drier pits, also, it's cheaper and doesn't give me any allergic reactions.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Wanna go extreme? Don't wash yourself too, water dries you up.
    Deodorant is a must, though..
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast