Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no soap/shampoo/anything page 3

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Eh, I have to wash my hair with shampoo once every couple of weeks even though I keep a 1/4 inch buzz, it's just too hard to get scalp build up off any other way and I end up with plenty of dead skin soaked in oil on top of my head that itches like mad. I usually shampoo just after cutting my hair every couple weeks.

Soap, I've always used soap and always will too... but, I only shower every 2-3 days, sometimes just once a week if I haven't sweat much. I've always been that way. I do the "ball test" I put my hand between my testicles and inner thigh and squeeze my legs together for a couple of seconds then sniff my hand, if it's funky it's time to shower, if not then I'm good.
    I'm in the same boat. I cant figure out how to keep dandriff away and i prefer no soap, but you must go a bit without it. My wife's a hairdresser too..

carolorrell is offline Junior Member

No soap, no shampoo works

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I tried the whole no poo thing back when I had long hair and it was a greasy miserable flop. Now that I have short hair, I've tried it again and it works brilliantly. I just wash my hair once a week with an all natural coconut milk based conditioner. I have had long and short hair many times over the years and this is the first time I have ever had short hair that I can just run a comb through in the morning and be ready to go. It doesn't argue with me and stand up in a thousand different directions.
    I have just been trying no soap no shampoo for about two weeks. Hair is soft and manageable and no odors on my body. I decided to shampoo today and found my hair less curly and not as manageable. I'm sold.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Me, too. Nothing most showers, just water and time unless I'm extra dirty or just feel like using a little bronner's for kicks. Hair is great, nothing to complain about. Still have to use the deodorant stone thing, otherwise I smell ------really manly? Actually, it's not a bad BO, it's just strong like a cologne. People have said so!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I make my own shampoo using coconut oil, jojoba, and vitamin e as a carrier oils. I use peppermint, lavender and tea tree for essential oils. Rosemary for fragrance. I have msm powder mixed in as well. Off days I use an espresso bar.

I can't do no shampoo anymore, since my hair is too long and I use styling products.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I've tried various natural and home made shampoos... but I really can't go long without a proper wash with shampoo and conditioner (I have long hair too). I've tried making my own with soap nuts, and trying more natural stuff... but it never left my hair feeling nice. So I just use a relatively good shampoo without SLS or SLES.

I don't use soap all over my body, but do clean the "pits and bits" because... well just because I like to feel cleaner there . I have gone completely soap free in the past though. I also use a gentle cleanser on my face. For deodorant I use the crystal stuff, and don't seem to have any BO issues, so it works fine for me.

I do fluctuate a bit between only using all natural skin care, and then using some store bought stuff. Although I'm not keen on sunscreen, for example, I will use moisturiser with sunscreen in summer on my face... not because I'm scared of the sun per se but because I have freckles and they're just so darn ugly and I don't want to get more!!!

Mostly if I want to moisturise my body, I'll just use coconut oil (although I find that if I take it internally my skin becomes naturally more moist and doesn't need anything applied at all).

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Baking soda for the armpits is the BEST solution...just rub the dry powder on them after a shower---no stink---even works for my previously stinky hubby!

I did no 'poo for a bit, but I too have waist long hair. I can survive without the shampoo most days but NEED some sort of conditioner and coconut oil is way too greasy for my locks!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Tinathetaco is offline Junior Member
    I haven't used shampoo in almost 8 months. I used to have extremely dry hair with split ends to go with it. Every time I went to get my hair cut, the stylists would comment on how "damaged and dry" my hair was and insisted that she cut every inch she possibly could. In July, after a few months without shampoo I went to have my hair cut. The woman asked me what I used on my hair, when I told her that I didn't use shampoo, conditioner, or any other hair product, she actually looked angry. Like I'd just told her that her mother was a fat prostitute. She didn't say anything about split ends, but she didn't touch me much after that. I'm surprised she even cut my hair after I told her that I only use water to wash my hair.

A lot of my friends and family are absolutely grossed out my hygiene habits. I only wear deodorant if I'm going to be around a lot of people at a wedding or something. I think I shower maybe once a week, but mostly I just shower when I feel like it (or when I want my husband to eat me out without having to feel bad), but when I do, I use Alba body wash to help avoid razor burn when I shave, but most of the time (when I don't shave) I just exfoliate and give my hair a quick rinse and get out. Nobody notices my general lack of showering, and I like it that way. But it takes a lot for me not to tell people who struggle with "dry, damaged hair" who have "tried every product known to man" even the "really expensive salon brands that cost $40 a bottle" to just stop using shampoo.

AussieNana is offline Member
    I don't use shampoo much at all these days. On odd occasions, every few months or more when my head feels like it needs it. Mostly I just wash with plain water or sometimes I dissolve a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a jar of shower water and use that. I used to have to wash my hair daily until I remembered back to my childhood when once a week washing was the routine. So I went from once a day to once every two, then three, four, five and then seven days. Now I do it when it feels like it needs it - about once every three weeks. Critical friends have never noticed other than to say my hair looks much softer.

I make my own soap (olive oil, beef fat, coconut oil and lye) and use it for those necessary places only, not all over. If I find myself getting under arm smells then I go and show my armpits to the sun for five minutes a day till it goes. That kills the smelly bacteria. I've not had to use deodorants for ten years now and I live where we get hot summers (105 F today).

Basically I don't like to put anything on my skin that I'm not prepared to put in my mouth. So if it isn't food, I don't like to use it.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinathetaco View Post
    I haven't used shampoo in almost 8 months. I used to have extremely dry hair with split ends to go with it. Every time I went to get my hair cut, the stylists would comment on how "damaged and dry" my hair was and insisted that she cut every inch she possibly could. In July, after a few months without shampoo I went to have my hair cut. The woman asked me what I used on my hair, when I told her that I didn't use shampoo, conditioner, or any other hair product, she actually looked angry. Like I'd just told her that her mother was a fat prostitute. She didn't say anything about split ends, but she didn't touch me much after that. I'm surprised she even cut my hair after I told her that I only use water to wash my hair.

A lot of my friends and family are absolutely grossed out my hygiene habits. I only wear deodorant if I'm going to be around a lot of people at a wedding or something. I think I shower maybe once a week, but mostly I just shower when I feel like it (or when I want my husband to eat me out without having to feel bad), but when I do, I use Alba body wash to help avoid razor burn when I shave, but most of the time (when I don't shave) I just exfoliate and give my hair a quick rinse and get out. Nobody notices my general lack of showering, and I like it that way. But it takes a lot for me not to tell people who struggle with "dry, damaged hair" who have "tried every product known to man" even the "really expensive salon brands that cost $40 a bottle" to just stop using shampoo.
    this post was awesome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123