Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no soap/shampoo/anything page 2

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am no poo unless i've spent the weekend in the workshop, water just doesn't work then.

I use a crystal deodorant, kills the bacteria that produce body odor instead of masking the smell or stopping sweat being produced.
    Much prefer smelling neutral than like some of the clouds of chemicals that other waft around behind them

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad it works for you, I love my frou frou shampoos and scented dr bronners, so I'll pass.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I have to wash my hair with shampoo once every couple of weeks even though I keep a 1/4 inch buzz, it's just too hard to get scalp build up off any other way and I end up with plenty of dead skin soaked in oil on top of my head that itches like mad. I usually shampoo just after cutting my hair every couple weeks.

Soap, I've always used soap and always will too... but, I only shower every 2-3 days, sometimes just once a week if I haven't sweat much. I've always been that way. I do the "ball test" I put my hand between my testicles and inner thigh and squeeze my legs together for a couple of seconds then sniff my hand, if it's funky it's time to shower, if not then I'm good.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    I do the "ball test" I put my hand between my testicles and inner thigh and squeeze my legs together for a couple of seconds then sniff my hand, if it's funky it's time to shower, if not then I'm good.
    ha ha i love the honesty of these forums!

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Haha I had this discussion at work once, got pulled aside by management and was told it could be seen as sexual harassment... yes, sniffing my body to see if I need a shower is clearly sexual harassment.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I don't use soap anymore, just wash my body and face with plain water. I put coconut oil everywhere from the neck down when I get out of the shower and just use an ACV toner and cold-pressed sunflower oil/castor oil mix on my face. I would love to stop using shampoo and conditioner (I wash my hair twice a week) but I'm kinda scared to because my hair is really long (waist length) I think I'll start by switching to a more natural shampoo and go from there. I don't use toothpaste anymore either, I oil pull with cold-pressed sunflower oil for 20 min every morning and brush with baking soda/peroxide. I also use essential oils for perfume and often get compliments on how great I smell

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Haha I had this discussion at work once, got pulled aside by management and was told it could be seen as sexual harassment... yes, sniffing my body to see if I need a shower is clearly sexual harassment.
    ha ha, stupid modern times

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    I don't use soap anymore, just wash my body and face with plain water. I put coconut oil everywhere from the neck down when I get out of the shower and just use an ACV toner and cold-pressed sunflower oil/castor oil mix on my face. I would love to stop using shampoo and conditioner (I wash my hair twice a week) but I'm kinda scared to because my hair is really long (waist length) I think I'll start by switching to a more natural shampoo and go from there. I don't use toothpaste anymore either, I oil pull with cold-pressed sunflower oil for 20 min every morning and brush with baking soda/peroxide. I also use essential oils for perfume and often get compliments on how great I smell
    i'm feeling somewhat intrigued about giving up soap, i do get dry skin, especially my face which i then have to moisturise with olive oil

richard is offline Senior Member
    rarely do I use shampoo and if I have shorter hair it is fine. If it gets longer it looks greasy which in my world is unacceptable, so I keep it shorter.

I have found occasional dandruff so I use a (gasp) coal tar shampoo once in awhile as that totally tames the fungus that causes dandruff. I wish I didn't have to use it. Otherwise I'd never shampoo my hair and wouldn't need to.

I haven't sworn off soap or deoderant - I use Tom's unscented and it seems to be fine.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    A name?
    The stuff I use is Organix brand "Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner". It is not *strictly* organic but pretty close. I find it cleans my hair without stripping the oils.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The stuff I use is Organix brand "Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner". It is not *strictly* organic but pretty close. I find it cleans my hair without stripping the oils.
    Hmmm, the Amazon reviews are pretty mixed and there's something in it I can't pronounce. Maybe I'll take a flyer on it. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast