Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Bonk page 4

  1. #31
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    to the OP, some people thrive on ketosis, vlc, lc, etc. others do not. this is something that you will have to figure out for yourself. personally, after about a year of vlc/lc paleo living, my body decided that enough was enough. i started adding in potatoes, sweet potatoes, and white rice on an every other day basis. doing about 50 grams of carbs on one day, and anywhere from 150-300 grams on the other days. i do my hardest workouts on the high carb days. for the record, i'm a 33 year old, 5'10", 175 lean and muscular male who trains with heavy weights, does HIT workouts, mountain bikes, hikes, hunts, etc. the added carbs have had no negative impact on my health, bodyfat levels, etc, and have only had positive effects on my training.

    you will have to experiment and figure out what works for you, rather than listen to people yelling from both sides of the carb fence and insulting each other's credibility.
    Not on the rug is a perfect example of high(ER) carb but still Primal. I have no problem with this. I have no problem with someone finding the carb level that works for them. Going from, "VLC didn't work for me so I think I'll just eat pizza and milkshakes and be a troll on MDA", is, however, pretty pathetic.

  2. #32
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,672
    I think when you are completely new to Primal it is important to begin very low in carbohydrates just to initiate the "fat burning beast" thing. But once it's initiated, there is no real need to stay very low carb unless you have specific benefits with it. Going cold turkey on the carbs is hard, but it helps get the ball rolling. Once you can burn fat for energy, you will be able to do things like skip a meal (intermittent fast), eat smaller portions, eat a moderate-carb primal diet without cravings or irrational hunger, etc.

    In my case, it took me more than a month to adjust to the initial low carb stage. It was a rough transition. I did not try to cut back on my consumption of food. I ate very high in fat. I actually put chunks of butter on cheese for a snack.

    The brilliant thing was immediately I was not hungry all the time anymore and found I didn't usually need to eat any lunch. After a few months I could skip a full 24 hours of eating once a week without really noticing it that much. This allowed me to lose weight without any white-knuckling through hunger pangs. I also felt better. I felt healthy, clear, vibrant, cheerful and just generally amazing. Best thing I ever did. But that initial 5 weeks I felt like I was going to die. If I hadn't read that the transition was going to be so hard, I might have thought that low carb was not for me. But I followed the advice about the electrolytes and fat and made it through.

    I don't eat low carb anymore these days. I check in now and then with it just to enjoy that intense clarity thing I get from it. I find it very difficult to maintain low carb because my partner doesn't eat primal and he doesn't seem to get how to cook for it. I end up eating a significant amount of beans and rice in the form of Indian food.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

  3. #33
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    ^ I have a very short memory when it comes to inconsequential people....fact is I forgot who I was talking to half way through my sentence.
    Must be your low carb diet doing that to you. You compensate for your terrible attention span by seeking out attention through witless "humor" and a childish mindset "lalala not listening to you, I'm right, you're wrong n=1 troll troll troll another one goes on ignore! going to just announce this to the world instead of actually just ignoring the person bothering me".

    The fact you claim to have me on ignore, yet likely click "show post" every time I post(proven when you just happened to stumble on a post that I included you in) shows how hungry you are for attention.

    You're an insufferable idiot, who can't argue his way out of a potato sack. Probably because you have an irrational fear of potatoes to begin with. You paste blog links in a sad attempt to refute arguments, and you consistently without fail paste studies without even understanding what you're pasting to begin with. When all else fails, you'll just straw man.

    You're the only one I'll gladly resort to using ad hominem against, simply because of above.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  4. #34
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Must be your low carb diet doing that to you. You compensate for your terrible attention span by seeking out attention through witless "humor" and a childish mindset "lalala not listening to you, I'm right, you're wrong n=1 troll troll troll another one goes on ignore! going to just announce this to the world instead of actually just ignoring the person bothering me".

    The fact you claim to have me on ignore, yet likely click "show post" every time I post(proven when you just happened to stumble on a post that I included you in) shows how hungry you are for attention.

    You're an insufferable idiot, who can't argue his way out of a potato sack. Probably because you have an irrational fear of potatoes to begin with. You paste blog links in a sad attempt to refute arguments, and you consistently without fail paste studies without even understanding what you're pasting to begin with. When all else fails, you'll just straw man.

    You're the only one I'll gladly resort to using ad hominem against, simply because of above.
    Derpy, you are embarrassing yourself, really. Knock it off.

    Trying to project all your childish nonsense onto Neckhammer just makes you look silly and like you really need to cut back on the sugar and caffeine and give your poor adrenals a rest.

  5. #35
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Derpy, you are embarrassing yourself, really. Knock it off.

    Trying to project all your childish nonsense onto Neckhammer just makes you look silly and like you really need to cut back on the sugar and caffeine and give your poor adrenals a rest.
    Embarrassing myself on an internet forum where I maintain full anonymity? Whatever will I do.

    The only thing childish is his unwavering desire to insert his snide comments whenever Zach, and before, myself would post something that differentiated from his opinion. His lack of ability to debate without calling someone a troll, and talking about ignoring them is childish. Just look at his responses to Chocotaco, that's embarrassing.

    I know he's your friend and all, but come on. I'm just giving it back to him.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  6. #36
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,730
    Oh that was towards me.....he's right, I have no idea how to argue with him. He's all over the board with his claims. Can't even keep the fella on topic to hash out what he's trying to say. Thats actually why I put him on ignore. Its like arguing with a manic schizo. Just wasn't worth the effort anymore.

    Doesn't matter. I was talking to zach anyway and will very much admit my response was a childish little jab after he was being quite rude to someone who has been working very hard and had great success with the changes he has made (warmbear).

  7. #37
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh that was towards me.....he's right, I have no idea how to argue with him. He's all over the board with his claims. Can't even keep the fella on topic to hash out what he's trying to say. Thats actually why I put him on ignore. Its like arguing with a manic schizo. Just wasn't worth the effort anymore.
    Riiiight... Everything I say has a connected context. Not my fault you're too stupid to decipher it. If a topic gets drawn into another discussion, it's never the fault of one person. It takes multiple people to derail a thread.

    Also, welcome to the internet.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  8. #38
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Hahaha, PB, maybe you are the one that needs to stop embarrassing herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well you and the Derpster have been tag team running buddies on so many threads lately saying, "right on!" to all each other's comments. It would be easy to get your ideas co-mingled.

    You and Derpy running around going, "Soda and candy rock and you all are just stupid! Neener Neener Neener!" gets you called a troll for a reason.
    Look at your last 50 posts. Almost every one has a reference to me or Derp and they are all snide, cheap shot remarks. Look what you are doing here! Derp writes a great, well written post that gives Neck a healthy smackdown and you arethe first to come to his rescue and start more shit.

    As for Neck, warmbear started it. :P

  9. #39
    Warmbear's Avatar
    Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    646
    To the OP. welcome to an unmoderated board full of nutters and chaos muppets. sorry to have helped hijack your question. I did try to offer some help. I hope you enjoyed the show.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

    Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

  10. #40
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hahaha, PB, maybe you are the one that needs to stop embarrassing herself.
    Look at your last 50 posts. Almost every one has a reference to me or Derp and they are all snide, cheap shot remarks. Look what you are doing here! Derp writes a great, well written post that gives Neck a healthy smackdown and you arethe first to come to his rescue and start more shit.

    As for Neck, warmbear started it. :P
    Well, Zach, here again we have a case of personal preferences and difference. I am not embarrassed by anything I've written and I have my identity right out there for the world to see.
    You and Derp really make a cute vaudeville duo act. The fact that lots of people have been commenting on it you should take as a compliment.
    As for Neckhammer, I like his humor. I don't think Derp "smacked him down" rather he went on a petty little rant. Not the same.

    Derpy's at least entertaining even if I disagree with his nutritional advice. You are just annoying. Kind of like a gnat. Get over yourself.

    Warmbear didn't start anything other than to give his opinion. YOU went after him based on "only" having been here for 8 months, not the content of his post of course.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •