Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Damnit roomie, I don't care... page 4

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kitana View Post
    "Sorry my choices make you feel threatened or like your own choices are under attack. I really don't care about what you chose to eat, it's unfortunate that you can't be secure enough to do the same."

There is a group of people out there that get really defensive when others decide to do their own thing. They can really really wierd about defending their choices by attacking yours. Sorry you're stuck living with one of 'em.
    Funny, there are a lot of primal folks who could be described exactly the same way.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that made me smile
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    What's "holiday flavor" taste like anyway?

Christmas trees?

Snow?

Disappointment and resentment?
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

ryanmercer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Kale chips are NASTAY! They had some free samples where I buy my raw milk and I about gagged. I was really disappointed since I know several members on here go ga-ga for them.
    That's why I picked a bag up at whole foods, took them to work today. 3 people tried, 2 were with me in that they were gross, the 3rd gobbled them up though moaning between bites.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

ryanmercer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post

I literally lol'd.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

fordorobere is offline Junior Member
    See what he thinks of the stuff then.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post

Heh! Zing!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Feeding the troll will just continue the trolling. Just ignore him and you'll be good to go in a month when he gets tired of being all up in your face with no reaction all the time.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    What on earth is a 'holiday flavored' soda???

Blech.
    It's a holiday pack with flavors like "gingerbread cookie", "candy cane", "sugar plum", and "pear tree." Lovely, right?

And to everyone suggesting the Jones Gravy soda, ironically these are already Jones Soda flavors. That would make it all the more hilarious. "Oh, you want more Jones Soda roomie?"

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    I like Kale. I've never tried kale chips per se, but if they are anything like what happens if I leave kale in the pan too long, they won't get raves from me. The only veg I can think of off the top of my head that seems truly foul is raw turnips though.

No, it absolutely isn't. That's like saying people drink coffee because the flavors and colors make them think they are getting nutrition out of it. Nope. People have been drinking coffee a LONG time, they've been told it's bad for them and people still drank it, they've extracted the caffine and people still drink it, and that drinking has bupkiss to do with nutrients. If you ask most drinkers why they drink it, they'll give you one answer: because the taste pleases them. It is done for pleasure, for enjoyment, not nutrition. Same with soda. People don't see the color and say, "that must be full of nutrients!" They enjoy the taste and say, "I want to enjoy more."
    You set up a straw-man argument by making it seem like I was saying they consciously think it is nutritious because of the color. Wrong. It's quite subconscious.

The fact (that you agree with) that it would NOT be appetizing without the flavor and color, and carbonation, proves the point I was making. And to make the link between what I was saying, and coffee, is absurd. Coffee is nowhere near the "fakeness" of soda. Coffee contains all sorts of things we don't fully understand. Soda on the other hand is sugar water, with flavor, with color, and with carbonation.

And if you've resorted to getting enjoyment in your life from an aluminum can of sugar water, flavor, color, and carbonation, maybe you should recalculate things.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast