Page 95 of 205 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Resistant Starches page 95

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kmarie View Post
    GZV557

This is the coupon I used for iHerb. I think it was $10 off $40 for new customers. I believe it was free shipping as well
    K
    Feel free to use KID451 for the same deal, as well.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. We have tried it not for months, but a few days at a time—long enough to satisfy us of its good effects. Newspaper article from 1849

Visit my blog: VEGETABLE PHARM

fatgoose is offline Junior Member
    Anyone supplementing with RS have any issues with bruxism (teeth clenching)? I have been taking a couple TBS before bed for the past couple weeks. My sleep has improved but my bruxism has increased to the point of all day headaches. Not sure if I want to continue love to hear anyone else's experiences.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgoose View Post
    Anyone supplementing with RS have any issues with bruxism (teeth clenching)? I have been taking a couple TBS before bed for the past couple weeks. My sleep has improved but my bruxism has increased to the point of all day headaches. Not sure if I want to continue love to hear anyone else's experiences.
    I had some major issues a couple of months ago with teeth clenching and poor sleep when taking PS. I stopped all PS together for a week or two, and when I started again these issues didn't return. I'm taking about 2 1/2 tbsp of PS a day now with no clenching, and the only thing I can think of that I'm doing differently is taking all of it in the morning. Before I was taking a bit in the morning, and the rest before bed. Since I was clenching day and night, I'm not sure if timing had anything to do with the clenching. Maybe it just stopped on its own as my body became used to it.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    My favorite blog, although I can't follow the science in many cases. This quote explains why some benefit and others don't.

"Most people already support gut flora that can utilize RS, so most people benefit from RS in their diet. Some people have severely damaged gut flora, dysbiosis and constipation, and they may need to eat live, fermented foods (not just dairy probiotics) to recruit enough new bacteria to benefit from RS. Other healthy people may already have healthy gut flora that can exploit all of the soluble fiber in a compatible healthy diet, and need no further enhancement of their health by RS. Health always requires gut flora complementary to diet and each change in diet requires accommodation by corresponding changes in gut flora. Some changes in diet may require new species of gut bacteria."

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dianejaquay View Post
    Well I might have found at least a tiny clue to this puzzle, reading more on The Paleo Mom and she said for people who have a problem with probiotics starting out taking them more slowly can help, even opening the capsule and sprinkling some out on food. So perhaps taking 2 capsules right off the bat was problematic for me? Will continue reading...
    dianejaquay, check out lowhistaminechef for a list of probiotics that are more easily tolerated if you have a histamine overload problem (like me!) basically you focus on brands that have more bifido strains and fewer of the l-casei etc strains.

she has some links on her site for a few different brands of probiotics or you can just go to iherb and find one that has the strains you want.
    fwiw the AOR 3 seems to be easily tolerated.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Random question: I sort of avoid rice because eating it sends me I to a food coma faster than too much pork belly (best sleep ever though, and nothing soaks up gravy from a curry better, oh and sushi!). Does anyone else feel sleepy from rice? Has anyone noticed less of this using parboiled rice?

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    I've been making rice w the family dinner (3 out of pat 5 nights) and then having my part cold right before bed. I seem fine, but then I want to be sleepy so idk about that part.
    If it makes you sleepy try it before bed
    K

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    What about these:

Cooked and cooled carrots
    Rice flour - mixed with egg and green banana baked then cooled

Evo_Mama is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Random question: I sort of avoid rice because eating it sends me I to a food coma faster than too much pork belly (best sleep ever though, and nothing soaks up gravy from a curry better, oh and sushi!). Does anyone else feel sleepy from rice? Has anyone noticed less of this using parboiled rice?
    I've never had that reaction to rice. I do always eat it with meat and veggies ... not sure if that makes a difference.