Page 62 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Resistant Starches page 62

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kijosan View Post
    Did anyone else notice the weight lost by contestants on "I'm a celebrity"? One celeb lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks. The result of living on rice and beans with a sometimes normal evening meal.
    What you see on that show is highly edited and often bears no relationship to the unedited reality. It is often the case they they intentionally make themselves severely dehydrated through excessive hot weather exercise in order to produce that number.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kijosan View Post

1 is the integrity of rs protected if potatoes and rice are reheated in a microwave?
    Not as well protected as if you'd heat it by frying really quickly in a pan w/hot oil, but probably not enough to worry about. I keep beans and rice in the freezer, when I get ready to eat, I put in a glass bowl to defrost in the microwave, then finish heating in a frying pan with or without oil.
    Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. We have tried it not for months, but a few days at a time—long enough to satisfy us of its good effects. Newspaper article from 1849

Visit my blog: VEGETABLE PHARM

Theta is offline Member
    tatertot, I am taking 4 TBSP a day of PS (Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch). I am taking 1 TBSP in two does twice during the day and 2 TBSP at bedtime. Is there an ideal way of taking PS? I am putting it in veggies and the 2 TBSP at night I'm taking in kefir. Would adding it to water and taking on an empty stomach be better? How much do you take daily?

Is there a blog you would suggest for data on RS?

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    tatertot, I am taking 4 TBSP a day of PS (Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch). I am taking 1 TBSP in two does twice during the day and 2 TBSP at bedtime. Is there an ideal way of taking PS? I am putting it in veggies and the 2 TBSP at night I'm taking in kefir. Would adding it to water and taking on an empty stomach be better? How much do you take daily?

Honestly, you should experiment to find what dosing schedule and amount works best for you. As for me, I vary it up between 2tbsp in the morning and another 2 in the evening, and 4 tbsp either in the morning or evening. Usually with kefir, though sometimes with water. And with the kefir, I usually mix it, leave it alone for about 20 minutes and then drink.

As for a blog, Free the Animal.
    turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post

Grafter got it right. I personally take about 4TBS, not carefully measured, after dinner, mixed with yogurt and blueberries, or maybe a mashed banana, or just in water. I'm not real particular, just getting it in you is more important than any complicated regime.
    Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. We have tried it not for months, but a few days at a time—long enough to satisfy us of its good effects. Newspaper article from 1849

Visit my blog: VEGETABLE PHARM

kijosan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    What you see on that show is highly edited and often bears no relationship to the unedited reality. It is often the case they they intentionally make themselves severely dehydrated through excessive hot weather exercise in order to produce that number.
    Hi eKatherine, "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" is a popular reality show in the UK. It's not a weight loss program, 12 celebs get dropped in the Australian jungle and compete to be crowned "King of the jungle". They have to survive getting voted out by the public. They are fed rice and beans and have to earn an evening meal by competing in various "Bushtucker trials" which means earning stars by eating gross items, being covered in cockroaches and other critters and physical challenges. Most of the time they hang around the camp arguing. There's no exercise involved and they try to eat as much as possible. At the end of the three weeks they get weighed for fun. The celebs with the most weight to lose, lose the most. As I said, David Emmanuel the clothes designer lost 30 pounds without trying, just eating mostly rice and beans. Carlton from The Fresh Prince was also in there and he lost quite a bit too. )

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    More vivid dreams, haven't tracked my weight/blood sugar at all, but will be doing so after the first of the year when I go on a real actual fat cut again. I have been maintaining for 1 year with little issue, and its time to get rid of this last 20-25lbs of fat.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    What's the best way to keep / store green bananas ? Fridge or can u even freeze them

From London England UK

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday i found green plantains so I thought I would try dehydrating them and making some into chips and grinding some into flour. The flour turned out great, I dried them and then ground them in a coffee grinder I use only for grinding spices/nuts. I thought they would be much harder to grind, but no problem! I'm not so thrilled about the chips, I flavored them with lime and salt, but they are so dry they suck the moisture out of my mouth. I may end up grinding them into flour or just choke them down as is just for the health benefits.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    ...they are so dry they suck the moisture out of my mouth.
    I had the same experience. The next time I dry some, I'm going to slice them very thin but not dry them for as long.