Page 165 of 195 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1946

Thread: Resistant Starches page 165

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoran hotdog View Post
    Freudian Slip?
    Can't believe I did that. How funny!
    Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. We have tried it not for months, but a few days at a time—long enough to satisfy us of its good effects. Newspaper article from 1849

Visit my blog: VEGETABLE PHARM

gdot is offline Senior Member
    still chuckling here. just toooooooooo perfect!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Can't believe I did that. How funny!
    That was pretty classic. I just hoping the subject of fecal transplants wasn't right around the corner!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

VERSACE is offline Junior Member
    tatter,your thoughts on plantain flour,cocoyam flour and yam flour?you can buy them in afro-caribbean shops here in uk.thank you

Attached Images Attached Images

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    So fufu must mean flour? I have seen plantain fufu in a shop in Brighton but didn't buy it as I assumed it was some processed product that probably had all sorts of additives!!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    So fufu must mean flour? I have seen plantain fufu in a shop in Brighton but didn't buy it as I assumed it was some processed product that probably had all sorts of additives!!
    Not quite...

Fufu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Omg! My mom/siblings ate this ball of dark brown/grayish dough thing once. Apparently it is common in my mom's home region in china to eat it. I think it was made from buckwheat.

----
    Came here to blame RS for the most vivid freakout dream session of law school studying ever this early morning. I had to overcome all sorts of obstacles to get on the metro to go home and study. It was so Asian...

I am assuming everyone else liked their vivid dreams whereas i dreamt about real life stress. Yay! Lol.

(For dinner I had potato+pea+turkey curry using the aloo gobi sauce, thickened with raw ps and gelatin after it was cooked. The rice was reheated so maybe also some RS there...yummy food though)
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post

I saw a clip that Leonard Nimoy is hosting a new gut microbe series starting next month.
    I just watched the first 10 minutes of the video, it's really great!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

maurile is offline Senior Member
    I'm 44, and a few months ago noticed that I've needed to hold small print away from my face in order to read it. More recently, after going on a resistant starch kick (along with other prebiotics and probiotics), I've noticed that the effect has subsided. After getting worse, my close-up vision has started to get better again.

Is there any reason to suspect that the resistant starch has had something to do with the improvement?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maurile View Post
    I'm 44, and a few months ago noticed that I've needed to hold small print away from my face in order to read it. More recently, after going on a resistant starch kick (along with other prebiotics and probiotics), I've noticed that the effect has subsided. After getting worse, my close-up vision has started to get better again.

Is there any reason to suspect that the resistant starch has had something to do with the improvement?
    They way practically everything healthy for us has been linked to RS these days, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a link.

[/Don'tKillMeGaiz]
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."