Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF - Skipping dinner instead of breakfast?/Evaluate my plan page 2

BoldAsLove is offline Member
    Just had a big plate of bacon and eggs. Today's menu at work is poor (sides are rice & black beans, plantains, and peas and mushrooms) so I may try for 24 hours until breakfast tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    None of these sides is bad. Granted, legumes are not accepted by classic Paleo and Primal, but there are plenty of similar approaches that praise them to the stars for satiation and protein bonus. The rest are all safe, not toxic starches. The legumes are no worse than nuts, so really, if you are hungry it is better to have a plantain or rice and beans or peas & mushrooms than go hungry.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

richard is offline Senior Member
    good luck! I'm fasting all day and won't eat until tomorrow.

Fasted two days ago too. Ate a good amount yesterday. Nothing since last night so it will be about 30 hours. That should give you some moral support, lol.

warmly

--Richard

BoldAsLove is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    None of these sides is bad. Granted, legumes are not accepted by classic Paleo and Primal, but there are plenty of similar approaches that praise them to the stars for satiation and protein bonus. The rest are all safe, not toxic starches. The legumes are no worse than nuts, so really, if you are hungry it is better to have a plantain or rice and beans or peas & mushrooms than go hungry.
    Interesting RE: legumes, although my "poor" comment with respect to the rest had to do with the high sugar in the plantains (me and sugar don't get along when I'm trying to lose a few lbs, even apples are rare) and the fact that I really hate peas. Thanks for the comment!

Anyways, I ended up eating lunch because the salad bar had cooked green/red peppers and portabella mushrooms (not a big fan of raw) ... I just nuked them and added some chicken!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12