Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Aspies out there? page 3

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Has any one tried the GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) diet? If so did you see any changes?
    Home Page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Ha-ha. People in here are pretending autism doesn't exist. Love it!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

But not everybody is on the autism spectrum.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

Of course.

Finding out I am somewhat autistic has been explanatory, liberating, and freeing. I no longer have to wonder. I am free to override some instincts and play the game better. I still hate people on the whole for the social terrors wrought, but now I know it's okay to be alone. I don't have to feel like a lost, confused idiot anymore. I've met someone just like me and we're happily married, alone, in the woods. Sort of.

It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.
    The uglified ducky. - YouTube

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

No, I completely get you there. I really do congratulate you on living with it for so long and dealing with it the way you have.

I am just helping to point out the earlier point that some people take it and use it as an excuse that they should have things easier just because they have a disease.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    There are defects in everybody.
    ^This
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Who's looking for handouts? What sort of excuse-making lazy scumbag tax-increasing thieves would take a serious condition like autism and exploit it? Sadly, plenty of filthy scoundrels who think they deserve to live for free, they will. And that's sad for people who actually need the help. I'm lucky I was admitted to state residential rehab and taught how to think. I'd be dead otherwise. I DID need the help, ONCE, whereupon I learned how to fish. But fishing class is hard to find, expensive, and there are few qualified teachers. All the smug rich people who talk about teaching a man to fish are the same people who are too busy to teach fishing class. So you've got thieves on both sides, the rich and the poor, and people who want the truth but can't find it stuck in the middle grasping for answers.

I won't pretend there aren't poor people who abuse the system, I've known some.
    I won't pretend there aren't rich people who help nobody, I've known far more.
    But for those with no grasp on life, I have sympathy. They only want to be happy and find food, maybe warmth. Don't pretend there aren't honest people who just need a little education to learn how to build a life and become productive. Honest people like me get born to useless parents and let out to pasture far too early. I was given up on, a lost cause until I got arrested enough times that a judge offered me rehab. Of course I took it! I wanted to be better. I was that kid begging for money to buy weed and beer. I was so lost and confused I just wanted to numb everything away. Now I know a better life, thanks to tax-funded state rehab. The church never taught me how to live. My parents didn't know how. So rest assured, some of the people who need the help are the same ones getting it.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 12-20-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: missing letter

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    No one is asserting that autism doesn't exist.

Instead, I would say that the symptoms that were listed in yoru post, Knifegill, were vague enough to cover a lot of just really normal people. I do just about everything in that list you posted, but there's no way I'm "on the spectrum" -- it just doesn't figure.

Later lists, which had much more 'severe' symptoms, are more akin to what I understand the disorder to be, and knowing both aspies and autistic children and adults, I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near on the spectrum, even with the most high-functioning.

It's not that it doesn't exist. I disagree with some of the more vague definitions. (I'm also not saying that You aren't aspie or on the spectrum. I cannot say. But I wouldn't use the list you gave as a diagnosis for it.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast