Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quote of the day !!!!!!! page 4

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    —Groucho Marx

We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
    —Robert Wilensky

When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean.
    —Lin-Chi
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Food is the most widely abused anti-anxiety drug used in America and exercise is the most potent and underutilized antidepressant.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    life is like a camera, just focus on whats important and capture the good times, develop from the negetives and if things don't work out, take another shot !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

LIVE
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body....but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - what a ride

...small steps....

bluechip is offline Member
    "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

personally I think no matter what is said and done - we need to remember the following ..................

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed..

‘Now,’ said the professor as the laughter subsided, ‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things—-your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favourite passions—-and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. The sand is everything else—-the small stuff.

‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ he continued, ‘there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.

Take care of the golf balls first—-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, ‘I’m glad you asked.’ The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.

...small steps....

its your road - and yours alone
    others may walk with you
    but no-one can walk it for you

...small steps....

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Everything happens for a reason. Think about it.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not really a quote, but one of my favorite stories:

Two monks were returning to the monastery in the evening. It had rained and there were puddles of water on the road sides. At one place a beautiful young woman was standing unable to walk accross because of a puddle of water. The elder of the two monks went up to a her lifted her and left her on the other side of the road, and continued his way to the monastery.

In the evening the younger monk came to the elder monk and said, “Sir, as monks, we cannot touch a woman ?”

The elder monk answered “yes, brother”.

Then the younger monk asks again, “but then Sir, how is that you lifted that woman on the roadside ?”

The elder monk smiled at him and told him ” I left her on the other side of the road, but you are still carrying her.”

I heard it with a river, but that version still tells it well.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

PrimalCon New York

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast