Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 down! page

merryish is offline Senior Member

100 down!

Primal Fuel
    I like to hang out around a milestone for a while and get used to the view before I say anything. So I've actually been at my first BIG milestone for a couple of weeks now. It's been about a year for me gluten-free, and about 8 months on Paleo/Primal. As of first week in December, I've lost 100 lbs!

I thought this would be a good time to post about it, because there seem to be a lot of unhappy posts about the Primal lifestyle on the forums lately. I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those for whom this is working. I have a long way to go yet - I have more to lose than I've already lost, actually. But I have utter confidence that I'll get there. I feel so much better eating this way - real, nutritious food that doesn't send my blood sugar out of whack or trigger wild cravings, food that I'm in control of (rather than the other way around!) I've seen my autoimmune symptoms lessen, and gone of medications (or vastly reduced them). My blood sugar has gone from pre-diabetic levels to normal. My cholesterol levels have gone up where they needed to and down where they needed to, and my triglycerides have been cut in half. I have spent vast amounts of money on new clothes since the old ones basically fell off me. I hear compliments about my weight loss every day. And the compliments have also become questions - people notice that I've lost a huge amount of weight and want to know how I did it. I tell them as simply as I can, and point them here.

For reference, Before:
    IMG_0393.JPG

After:
    photo copy 2.JPG

Hopefully, I'll be back in this thread a year from now, posting the same post, with different pictures.

BaconLuv is offline Junior Member
    Great job!! Love to hear the success stories! You will be at your goal soon enough...
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    F, 29, 5"9

Started primal 11-21-12 @ 160 lbs @ 33.1 % ( electric type scale, not sure how accurate)

Currently @ 152 lbs

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! I can't imagine losing that much weight. I have been so impatient losing the 45 I need to lose (down 32 of it!)..

SarahChzBurg is offline Junior Member
    That's awesome!!! I wish I could see the pics
    Sarah
    Primal on a budget in Sugar Land, TX
    SarahChzBurg's Primal Journal

Paleobird Guest
    You are AWESOME!!!!

I think a lot of those whiney "It's not working" posts really are from people that have medical problems beyond what a bunch of folks on the internet should be tinkering with like missing a gallbladder or thyroid dysfunction. Or else they are from people who are half heartedly playing at Primal but abusing the "80/20 rule" to be more like 50/50 then complaining that it "isn't working".

You sound like you have really committed to making this work. And it is.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Merryish! Outstanding that you have lost 100 lbs, I picked up two 50lb DBs today at the gym and reflected on how much weight that actually was, very impressive to say the least. I am amazed by those saying they are not losing weight or that the Paleo lifestyle does not work for them, because my personal experience and those that I have encouraged to embrace a Paleo lifestyle have had amazing results. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a successful and healthy New Year!
    Last edited by canuck416; 12-19-2012 at 05:43 PM.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    congratulations, and welcome to the lost 100+ club. keep being a role model, and keep staying positive...those are two elements of health that people don't talk about enough.

Awesome work! Can't wait to see how you're doing in the future!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Actually, many of the "failure" threads lately are from anorexics who want to go full skeletor and can't.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merryish View Post
    I like to hang out around a milestone for a while and get used to the view before I say anything. So I've actually been at my first BIG milestone for a couple of weeks now. It's been about a year for me gluten-free, and about 8 months on Paleo/Primal. As of first week in December, I've lost 100 lbs!

I thought this would be a good time to post about it, because there seem to be a lot of unhappy posts about the Primal lifestyle on the forums lately. I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those for whom this is working. I have a long way to go yet - I have more to lose than I've already lost, actually. But I have utter confidence that I'll get there.
    Awesome! -100 is my goal as well and I'm 55 of the way there. Like you, I just want to join the chorus and have complete confidence that I'll get there on the primal path.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast