Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: CoC grippers rusted on me? page

  1. #1
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203

    CoC grippers rusted on me?

    Hey,
    Following the other thread I resumed my training with the CoC grippers.
    I noticed though that for some time now (more than a year probably), there is a yellowish coating on the silver side of the grippers. I tried to take a few pictures of it, not sure it shows there all too well.

    Any ideas what this might be?, it surely gets my hands primal and calloused but I want to make sure it ain't dangerous.

    IMG_0214.jpgIMG_0213.jpg

  2. #2
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    They are fine, just use them. A little oxidation isn't going to kill you.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

  3. #3
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Seems legit, thanks!

  4. #4
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    It might not even be oxidation and might just be residue from something you use on your hands or come in contact with. Mine get caked full of scraped off skin, like I said in another thread I just dunk mine in some boiling water every now and then and take a brass brush to them.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

  5. #5
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    It might not even be oxidation and might just be residue from something you use on your hands or come in contact with. Mine get caked full of scraped off skin, like I said in another thread I just dunk mine in some boiling water every now and then and take a brass brush to them.
    Might just do so as well. Thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    good idea. i brush mine off every so often. i also make sure to keep the "spring" part of it clean and well oiled to prevent rust, corrosion, and even sticking.

  7. #7
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    good idea. i brush mine off every so often. i also make sure to keep the "spring" part of it clean and well oiled to prevent rust, corrosion, and even sticking.
    Yup, my handles can get caked so string through the spring and some dunking in a pot. Then I just take a gun cloth to the spring.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

  8. #8
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Yup, my handles can get caked so string through the spring and some dunking in a pot. Then I just take a gun cloth to the spring.
    Water doesn't ruin it?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Drlove View Post
    Water doesn't ruin it?
    not if you dry it afterwards. and then i'd lightly oil the spring

  10. #10
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's just metal... oils in your skin will rust stuff just as fast, if not faster, than water. Besides, some oxidation on the handles is going to hurt absolutely nothing. My pair are a decade old, and when I clean them they look a day old.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •