Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: CoC grippers rusted on me? page 2

  1. #11
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Shop Now
    What oil should I use?
    And do I absolutely need some special kind of cloth to clean it with? Or would pretty much any cloth do?
    Last edited by Drlove; 12-20-2012 at 11:41 AM.

  2. #12
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,857
    i just put a dab of coconut oil on mine. you could really use anything though, olive oil . wd-40. pretty much whatever.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  3. #13
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i just put a dab of coconut oil on mine. you could really use anything though, olive oil . wd-40. pretty much whatever.
    Sorry for the somewhat stupid questions, I simply have about 0 experience in these things. I should oil the spring alone or the whole thing?

  4. #14
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,857
    i don't oil the grip part, because i don't want them slippery at all. just the spring
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  5. #15
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i don't oil the grip part, because i don't want them slippery at all. just the spring
    Alright, thanks!

  6. #16
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Drlove View Post
    Sorry for the somewhat stupid questions, I simply have about 0 experience in these things. I should oil the spring alone or the whole thing?
    I personally don't oil anything and mine are going great after 10 years. I clean dead skin out of the grips from time to time and wipe it down with a gun cloth to get moisture off of them. It's not all that deep, worst case you move up to a higher strength by the time they show any real signs of wear heh.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

  7. #17
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Thanks for the answers.
    One more thing though, you guys seem to know a thing or two about the grippers. When closing the gripper (till there's a nice metallic click, my right hand does fine), but my left hand closes them in a very weird way. The gripper doesn't close in a straight way, the two grip parts seem to move in a circular motion, overlapping each other, and never closing in a straight way like when using my right hand.

    Any ideas why? (It also feels weird when holding them on my left hand, it's like they don't fit right)

  8. #18
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Drlove View Post
    Thanks for the answers.
    One more thing though, you guys seem to know a thing or two about the grippers. When closing the gripper (till there's a nice metallic click, my right hand does fine), but my left hand closes them in a very weird way. The gripper doesn't close in a straight way, the two grip parts seem to move in a circular motion, overlapping each other, and never closing in a straight way like when using my right hand.

    Any ideas why? (It also feels weird when holding them on my left hand, it's like they don't fit right)
    Without seeing you do it, first thing that comes to mind is some sort of torsion from not having the same level of strength as your dominant hand.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

  9. #19
    Drlove's Avatar
    Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Without seeing you do it, first thing that comes to mind is some sort of torsion from not having the same level of strength as your dominant hand.
    Makes sense. That was my first impression of the matter. Time will tell.

    Thanks for the answer.

  10. #20
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,857
    Go to the diesel crew's youtube page and check out how to properly set the grippers in your hand. Jed is one of the top grip competitors in the world. Make sure you are setting them properly in both hands. Then go to work. If u cant find anything, i will try to post links tomorrow.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •