Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunman's medications page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

Gunman's medications

Shop Now
    It's not clear to me from this article whether he was currently taking it. It certainly sounds like bad news:

From Drugs.com, side effects of the drug Fanapt:
    Psychiatric
    Psychiatric side effects including restlessness, aggression, and delusion have been reported frequently. Hostility, decreased libido, paranoia, anorgasmia, confusional state, mania, catatonia, mood swings, panic attack, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, delirium, polydipsia psychogenic, impulse-control disorder, and major depression have been reported infrequently.
    Adam Lanza Taking Antipsychotics - Business Insider

Why am I not surprised by this? I was actually waiting to see pharmaceuticals turn up in the news reports.

Random killings seem not to be a new phenomenon. Whether they occurred as often in the past is another question. And if the truth were known, I think we might be surprised at how often pharmaceuticals are involved in current murder-sprees. I don't mean to say that they would be "the cause" but that they would be there as a factor.

The killer was also said to be a vegan, which can hardly have helped his mental stability.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    thanks for posting this
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    So the side effects of an antipsychotic are psychosis mixed with sexual frustration and self control issues? Sounds like we're lucky the kids weren't raped before getting shot. Who the hell would even invent a drug like that?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    And if the truth were known, I think we might be surprised at how often pharmaceuticals are involved in current murder-sprees.
    All of them that ive heard of.

The Thurston one(Kip Kinkle) I know for sure was on medications. I lived 2 blocks away from the school at the time it happened & if my sister hadent been home-schooled she would have been there.
    Last edited by DinoHunter; 12-19-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

toddulent is offline Junior Member
    I've been wanting to research diet and mental health. I know in the two or three years leading up to my going Primal I had a mild depression. Being slightly vegan/mostly vegetarian during that time, I am fairly certain diet caused this depression. If he lead a life of bad eating, I'm wondering if that contributed greatly to his mental disorders.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

CE402 is online now Senior Member
    Which one is driving the bus, so to speak?

Are the anti-psychotic medications causing these people to go on suicidal rampages, or are they going on suicidal murder sprees because they're mentally and emotionally unstable psychos who just happen to be taking anti-psychotic medications?

And why on earth would someone leave unsecured weapons aroud in a hours with someone on anti-psychotic medications!?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    What is the reason there were no shoots of this type before these drugs were introduced?
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

maryinbulb is offline Junior Member
    yeah,think so, I know in the two or three years leading up to my going Primal I had a mild depression.

johnmjoy is offline Member
    Not that I trust the pharmaceutical companies any, nor do I have any doubt their products are dangerous, the Business Insider article now features this:
    UPDATE: Since the publishing of this article, New York Daily News has removed the reference, the originator of the quote from Lanza's "uncle," because they believed him to be an "imposter."
    There's an awful lot about this care that seems, well, weird. (And anytime the press gloms onto some factoid about it, J. Paul Vance is VERY quick to point out, "We didn't say that.")

Personally, I still want to know who the guy in camo trousers was, who the kid's docs were (and their CVs including past affiliations), and now, we can add who the hell was the guy pretending to be the kid's uncle (and doing it sufficiently convincing to get the Daily News to buy it).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast