Thread: Mixing whole raw & whole organic pasteurized milk -- half and half page

miata is offline Senior Member

Mixing whole raw & whole organic pasteurized milk -- half and half

Primal Fuel
    I try to avoid dairy -- except for the clarified Kerrygold butter for my morning Bulletproof Coffee.:-)

However, I am trying to get my son raw milk, but at $9 a half gallon I'm trying to figure out how to make it last longer. The other day I mixed a half gallon of raw with a gallon of organic whole (not quite half/half).

Is this a good way to make sure my son can drink some raw milk every day -- or is mixing the two defeating the purpose of raw milk?

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Defeating the purpose. Why don't you give him less raw milk and make the pasteurized milk into yogurt for better digestibility? Another option is not worry about dairy and feed him other heathy foods.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I probably shouldn't answer this since I am not a raw milk supporter. What is the organic milk? Is it one of the national ultra-pasteurized brands? Or a local minimally pasteurized one? The former loses a great deal of it's nutritional value. The latter loses some. I drink grass fed local minimally pasteurized whole milk.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Defeating the purpose. Why don't you give him less raw milk and make the pasteurized milk into yogurt for better digestibility? Another option is not worry about dairy and feed him other heathy foods.
    Yet another option is to not restrict a growing childs food choices out of the parents irrational food fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    I probably shouldn't answer this since I am not a raw milk supporter. What is the organic milk? Is it one of the national ultra-pasteurized brands? Or a local minimally pasteurized one? The former loses a great deal of it's nutritional value. The latter loses some. I drink grass fed local minimally pasteurized whole milk.
    I'm really experimenting with raw milk. My son has some conditions that others have cured with raw milk, so wht hte heck...

My son likes raw milk, and doesn't seem to mind it thinned with Clover Organic Farms pasteurized whole milk. I'm not sure where that brand is on the nutritional scale. I considered mixing the raw with grass fed milk, but that is $7 a half gallon and using it to thin $9 a half gallon doesn't make much sense either.

It just hoping that I could provide the goodness of raw milk without resorting to rationing :-(

UFNut is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I'm really experimenting with raw milk. My son has some conditions that others have cured with raw milk, so wht hte heck...

My son likes raw milk, and doesn't seem to mind it thinned with Clover Organic Farms pasteurized whole milk. I'm not sure where that brand is on the nutritional scale. I considered mixing the raw with grass fed milk, but that is $7 a half gallon and using it to thin $9 a half gallon doesn't make much sense either.

It just hoping that I could provide the goodness of raw milk without resorting to rationing :-(
    Seems like instead of ruining the taste of raw milk, you could just let him switch it up. No real difference in drinking a glass of raw one day and a glass of "organic" the next day compared to a glass of half/half raw/organic. Assuming he prefers the taste of raw milk, which I suspect most people would. It seems like the equivalent of eating half a grain fed steak and half a grass fed steak for dinner...too much work, just switch it up.

I'm starting to conclude that I will get some of health benefits of raw milk even if I mix it or switch with pasteurized.

My son doesn't have any problem with the taste of the mixed milk, and it is a whole lot easier with a kid if they just drink "milk" all the time without having to switch every other day or so -- especially if when you have multiple kids and if one really prefers the taste of raw milk will be hard to manage switching.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    The needless "regulation" of raw milk by the FDA can be thanked for the absurd rise in prices. I remember when a half-gallon of whole raw milk was under 5 dollars.

They force commercial raw milk manufacturers to put a stamp claiming dangerous bacteria on each carton on baseless conjecture alone, but allow seed oils to plaster "HEART HEALTHY" (based on flawed, limited testing)on every bottle. Funny stuff.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-20-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    nihil

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My family drinks raw milk. We home ferment some grass fed pasteurized stuff too for yogurt smoothies. If you look at it like paying 8$ for a gallon of grass fed whole milk yogurt it might help you sleep better at night