Thread: Sed question I'm curious about your opinions page

RayR22 is offline Junior Member

Curious bout your opinions

Primal Fuel
    I am a lil offended by ppl who cheat, I think monogamy is what we are designed to be.... why do ppl cheat from a evolutionary standpoint?
    Last edited by RayR22; 01-17-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've never been a big fan of doing what society says we should do. I sorta ranted about it here: The Wilderness Childe: Slut-Shaming

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Mark made mention in one of his posts about lowering and managing stress that sex is one of the best ways humans naturally have to boost mood and lower excessive cortisol. In that post he talked about the act itself and didn't mention whether it had to be with only one person or not. It seems that to get the stress lowering effects, it doesn't really matter.

On the other hand, in other posts, he has talked about the importance of maintaining emotional connections with loved ones and healthy relationships. Simply having sex with as many people as possible would seem to be counter to maintaining healthy relationships for sure. It would put a strain on things at least, in almost any context.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I guess it's whatever fits into the lifestyle you want. I know people who have, and have had, all kinds of relationships. From monogamy to polygamous relationships, open marriages, to strictly casual relationships. Shoot, I have one friend who's in a, for lack of a better term, platonic relationship with her boyfriend- lol.

Over the years I've come to realize that there's no one right way for all people. For me, I'm mostly monogamous. That's what will ultimately make me feel secure and happy, but I'm ok being in multiple casual relationships, or being in an open relationship until I decide to put chains on one unfortunate fellow.

If all parties are in agreement on what the rules are, and everyone's happy... no harm, no foul.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My personal preference is monogamy, but i think people are and can be different from me, and that's ok.

Yeah, I like my monogamous relationship. It's great.

RayR22 is offline Junior Member
    I too prefer monogamy....
    Last edited by RayR22; 01-17-2013 at 12:39 PM.