I've been focused primarily on weightlifting the past couple of months, doing a Starting Strength program but only 2 times per week. Have seen great progress. I also have done a sprinting/interval workout once per week. It's been great but...

A couple of weeks ago, through sheer coincidence, I had the opportunity to join an indoor soccer league. Having never met any of the people on the team and having never played organized soccer, I was pretty damn nervous. And when I got to the facility (a world-class soccer training facility it turned out to be, where the local MLS team sometimes trains, etc.), I was even more nervous. Mostly because everyone else was in their 20's and had soccer experience (ex-college players, etc.), and it was really standard/outdoor soccer but just played indoors, large fields and all. But it turned out my team is the worst in the league, and I'm not the worst on it, and it's been a blast these first few games. The games are once per week.

Aside from my lack of soccer skill, the biggest problem/concern is that I get winded way too quickly. Almost within a minute or two I'm starting to huff and puff. Part of it is the nerves before even starting, but was wondering if there is a primal-compatible way to help with this? My immediate thought is to just jump on an elliptical/treadmill or go to the running track but that seems counter per the 'chronic cardio' concept. The once per week sprint sessions (which really, the soccer games themselves would count as) don't seem to be helping.