Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I get winded too damn quickly : ( page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    two things REALLY help.

2. minimize ejaculations if you're a guy. Not sure about women (well I'm not sure if orgasms affect their athletic performance at any rate) but for guys, there is a big effect on endurance and it ain't pretty.
    Is this anecdotal or do you have a credible source? Anything occurring after ejaculation is temporary.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Is this anecdotal or do you have a credible source? Anything occurring after ejaculation is temporary.
    it isn't so temporary. Effects of ejaculation (or even orgasm without ejaculation) lasts a good week or two in complex hormonal changes. There is research starting to be done on this. I am judging by a lot of guys and what they report as well as my own experience.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    it isn't so temporary. Effects of ejaculation (or even orgasm without ejaculation) lasts a good week or two in complex hormonal changes. There is research starting to be done on this. I am judging by a lot of guys and what they report as well as my own experience.
    Are you a doctor? Why are people reporting their jackoff situations to you? This is a pretty debatable subject so if your going to give your opinion would be nice to back it up somehow.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, I came across an East German research of the athletes a few years back, and it found that having sex before competitions improved performance in female athletes, and decreased it in male athletes.

I would still recommend a maintenance run once a week before holding back in the bedroom, lol.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    I would give up soccer long before the other that is for sure!

If you want to try the supplement route, I can personally say that spirulina before my workouts and habitually taking astaxanthin has made a huge difference. I dont really push myself to do anything long endurance...my workouts stop at about the 45min mark. However, after I started taking these two my capacity to sprint longer increased, I noticed a huge difference in the time it took me to break a sweat, had the feeling as though my lung capacity was better, etc. Overall, I feel like I need to push much harder to get that nice, glowing 'exhausted' feeling. It does wear off after a few months (the all powerful feeling), probably because I have stayed on these for the last 11 months straight and need to cycle off of them. I dont want to though...such a noticeable difference it made for me, and I know there's all kinds of other health benefits to the supplements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12