Thread: Healing my Teeth like a CaveGal page

NewGrayMare is offline Member

Healing my Teeth like a CaveGal

Shop Now
    Hey Primal-peeps! I go by Eskara on some forums, NewGrayMare on others. I thought I'd say hello and let you all know a little bit about me and where I'm starting on my Primal journey.

I'm 29, married with one cat, and truly a computer-potato. As the word 'mare' in my pseudonym indicates, I am indeed female.

My primal journey started on November 13 when I went to the dentist for a cleaning. Before I left for the dentist, I saw something on Facebook about healing cavities naturally. I glanced at it, but didn't have time to thoroughly read the article. While I was at the dentists, they said I had five cavities, one on each side and two on the bottom right. I mentioned that I had seen something about healing cavities, but the dentist insisted that ti couldn't be done and I needed to make an appointment to get them filled. I made the appointment and went home to read more about the article. It was Curing Tooth Decay and posted by Thank Your Body in case anyone is interested.

After reading the one article and doing more research, I bought Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel, ordered some Fermented Cod Liver Oil, and cleaned out my pantry and fridge of all sugars, grains, and high-fructose junk. But, a dangerous time was coming up... Thanksgiving. Now, my family doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving once, but three times. This meant lots of grain/sugar-dodging without trying to be all preachy about why I wasn't eating Mom's pumkin pie or Aunt Jenny's mushroom stuffing. I tried to bring something healthy that I could eat and made a black bean chocolate cake. My book hadn't arrived yet, so I didn't know about legumes having phytase and being a no-no yet. While searching for 'safe' recipes, I started coming across all sorts of things about paleo and primal diets. These led me to more and more research.

After finding numerous awesome primal websites and blogs, I went to the library and checked out several primal books, Primal Blueprint being one of them. Turns out, everything I've been reading in my Cure Tooth Decay book pretty much lines up with Primal! I've been cooking out of the Primal Blueprint Cookbook and hubby loves everything I've made.

I think it's safe to say that I haven't just fallen down the primal rabbit hole, but have dove head first into it! I LOVE the way I feel now and am really looking forward to seeing just where this takes me. I'll be tracking my process on my blog. I might even share a blog link once I get it cleaned up a bit It needs the theme fixed and some formatting issues taken care of.

Anywho, that's me! I'm enjoying my primal journey for now. It's very nice to meet you all and I look forward to your support and guidance! After all, I need all the help I can get to keep me away from the chocolate stash.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I will check those links.

Before I started primal, I had to have a tooth pulled because my body was reabsorbing the calcium in it. After a couple years on primal, my teeth seem to be regrowing. They are very sharp.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

GuitarGrok is offline Member
    I have just started using home made toothpaste, and my teeth are feeling cleaner then they ever have. All I use is coconut oil, baking soda, sea salt, peppermint extract, and crushed up calcium magnesium supplements. Cheap, easy, and my mouth feels super clean!!!

NewGrayMare is offline Member
    Ooh! Could you please share the recipe? I've been thinking of starting oil pulling or making my own toothpaste when my current tube runs out.

GuitarGrok is offline Member