Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Really confused about calorie intake page 5

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    R
    Your ignorance about nutrition is apparent to anyone who knows anything about it. Your claims that vegetables are low in protein and that purified fats are high in micronutrients are hiliarious. You haven't got a clue.
    Where do you come up with this now? Can you not stick to a conversation? We were talking about the ability or inability for a person eating low carb to also be well muscled. You said that they could not....I said there are plenty of people who in fact blow your theory out of the water. Is this some attempt by you to switch the focus to some other subject?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    Oh ok. I eat a lot of fat now and protein is at about 100 grams. 4 eggs for breakfast, big salad for lunch with some meat, and 4 chicken thighs for dinner. Should i cut down on fat? That's well over 120 grams of fat. I put a lot of olive oil on my salad too
    Try exchanging fat for starch and see if that helps increase your strength and build muscle. A lot of us here find that that helps.

It's very important to experiment and find what works best for you.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Where do you come up with this now? Can you not stick to a conversation? We were talking about the ability or inability for a person eating low carb to also be well muscled. You said that they could not....I said there are plenty of people who in fact blow your theory out of the water. Is this some attempt by you to switch the focus to some other subject?
    Your ego sounds very rattled.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    Guys i'm sure both of you are right in some way. I made this thread so i can get ideas

Your ego sounds very rattled.
    K, good nuff for me .

Actually OP: I think moderate carb (or at least the 100-150g maintenance) level would be just fine for your goals. Was simply pointing out a fallacy that popped up in the process though.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Neckhammer's posts have been debunked time and time again. He makes ridiculous statements that are child's play to debunk and will never admit that he is wrong.

Neckhammer's posts have been debunked time and time again. He makes ridiculous statements that are child's play to debunk and will never admit that he is wrong.
    Sure thing, whatever helps you sleep at night. Go on and get back to OP's topic now if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Sure thing, whatever helps you sleep at night. Go on and get back to OP's topic now if you please.
    I've always been on topic here (unlike you) and I don't take orders from the likes of you.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Neckbeard strikes again
    nihil

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    Hey guys, I'm fairly new to PB. It's been a couple days so far and I'm liking it a lot since I can enjoy better food. However, I'm really confused about calorie intake. In my other threads, I was told that I wasn't taking in enough calories. Here's a sample of what I eat and current weight/height.

Height: 5"6
    Weight: 135
    Body fat: roughly 20%
    Main goal: Not lose weight, just shed body fat at a fast pace, but healthy

Breakfast: 6 large eggs (2 yolks) cooked with garlic
    Lunch: Big salad, 6 cherry tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, bacon bits (good amount, i love bacon), turkey bits, and 2 tblespoon olive oil.
    Snack: 25 almonds
    Dinner: Chicken breast with 1 cup spinach and 1 tbspn olive oil.

I understand PB is a lifestyle and that I should focus on long-term, but honestly, I still want to lose body fat with fast results. I feel more energized and satisfied after I eat, but should I be eating more even though I want to lose fat at a faster pace? I do moderate body weight exercises 3x a week to build muscle as well.
    I didn't read this whole thread, but here's my opinion.

1. I thought you were a girl when I read this. You eat like a girl on a diet.

2. Your food contains too much "diet food" and not enough real food. Eat the whole egg. Don't buy egg whites in a carton. Eat bacon, not bacon bits. Eat actual turkey that you roasted in the oven, not turkey bits. Eat some beef and salmon, not just chicken breast. And for crying out loud, you actually count your cherry tomatoes? Stop doing that.

3. You are a 135lb man who is 5'6" tall. You are way too small for a grown man. You need to build a manly body. You should get some manly exercise. Either do the Primal Blueprint fitness program or go lift some weights. Eat WAY more food so you can grow. Put on some weight as muscle. Whatever fat you have now can be ignored because it probably isn't very much. It's just that you have so little muscle to balance it out.

Good luck.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast