Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Really confused about calorie intake page 4

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well i want to be both, but more towards lean. I don't want to be big/bulky. That's why i thought keeping carbs low enough would help for that

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    If you want to be lean with low muscalature then eat low carb. If you want to be lean with a lot of muscle then eat moderate carb.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    If you want to be lean with low muscalature then eat low carb. If you want to be lean with a lot of muscle then eat moderate carb.
    Oh, horseshit. Why make such easily rebutted claims? You say you know metabolism....you should know better.

OP the guy at the top of the page there in the photo eats low carb. If you consider that lean with low muscle then so be it. There are plenty of other well muscled individuals eating low carb. BTW I'm defining low carb as 150g or less, same as PB and same as Volek describe it....30% of a 2000 calorie diet for what OP is looking at.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh, horseshit. Why make such easily rebutted claims? You say you know metabolism....you should know better.
    Rebutted by folk who have destroyed their metabolism and are forced to eat very low carb.

Most of the lean people I know eat high carb.

Your ignorance about nutrition is apparent to anyone who knows anything about it. Your claims that vegetables are low in protein and that purified fats are high in micronutrients are hiliarious. You haven't got a clue.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 12-22-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Rebutted by folk who have destroyed their metabolism and are forced to eat very low carb.

Most of the lean people I know eat high carb.
    Which folks are you referring to? And on to the next....uhh so? Most of the lean people I know eat lower carb....how does that statement prove your original silly statement one way or another?

Again it doesn't have to be a "carb or no carb" debate if people didn't attack the opposite with unfounded claims.

So in my case, 50 grams is good or bad? Like i said, i feel great. But my problem is, my stomach isn't losing fat that fast enough. Is 1800 calories enough or eat more?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    So in my case, 50 grams is good or bad? Like i said, i feel great. But my problem is, my stomach isn't losing fat that fast enough. Is 1800 calories enough or eat more?
    In your case you are a small guy. You should resistance train 2x/week intensely and make sure your ingesting enough protein first and foremost. After that eat PB foods. This can include healthy fats and carbs. Really there is no need for you to restrict to less than 50g/day. Up to 150g is fine for a young healthy fella thats working to increase muscle. The only thing I'm arguing with paleo-bunny about is her silly claim that one can not eat low carb and be well muscled at the same time. I eat 100g or less carbs a day and am quite well muscled. I will admit that I have a very long history of weight training and athletics in my past....its very hard to actually become weak once you have gotten very strong.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-22-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Which folks are you referring to? And on to the next....uhh so? Most of the lean people I know eat lower carb....how does that statement prove your original silly statement one way or another?

Again it doesn't have to be a "carb or no carb" debate if people didn't attack the opposite with unfounded claims.
    I find you one of silliest most aggressive people posting here. You wouldn't know a scientific argument if it bit you on the bum.

Oh ok. I eat a lot of fat now and protein is at about 100 grams. 4 eggs for breakfast, big salad for lunch with some meat, and 4 chicken thighs for dinner. Should i cut down on fat? That's well over 120 grams of fat. I put a lot of olive oil on my salad too

Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    Oh ok. I eat a lot of fat now and protein is at about 100 grams. 4 eggs for breakfast, big salad for lunch with some meat, and 4 chicken thighs for dinner. Should i cut down on fat? That's well over 120 grams of fat. I put a lot of olive oil on my salad too

Nah, that looks like a good amount there.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast