Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adrenal fatigue? page 4

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    LOL yes ITA but she was 3 months old and he fixed her. on more than one occasion. i was pretty desperate at the time and it worked. as i said, no one else subsequently has managed the same feat. most of them are all a bit too airy fairy crystal energy for me.

yes. back on topic. SB how are you feeling?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sorry for the derail, SB. How are you feeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    yes. back on topic. SB how are you feeling?
    Well, I'm not sure. Last week sometime I got a horrible stomach ache and had some death smelling stuff come out of me. At the same time I dialed it way back on squats. But I did an extra session of deadlifts at the highest weight yet -- 5lbs less than my body weight, twice: on Wednesday and Friday. Oddly, I woke up on Saturday without that "hit by a bus, internal injuries" feeling. Other than I'm still a little sore, feel sort of sleepy and had another stomach ache last night (without the other thing), I feel better.

I'm still going to look into having a test. There's a place in town called the Integrative Medicine center that has MDs rather than naturopaths. They do metabolic testing. They don't take my insurance but hell, I gave the dentist a nice Chri$tmas last year. What the heck? All my life since age 16 they've been testing my thyroid and telling me it's "low normal" and all my life since age 19 they've been telling me my cholesterol and triglycerides are too high and since those things tend to be linked, who knows? Maybe I can find out from these integrative guys once and for all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have done something wicked to my gut before at the gym. i think i tore my upper intestine as it hurt like hell and i was passing black blood for a while. yay. it was a few years ago now but from memory it was from either hanging leg raises or swiss ball roll outs or a combo of both. i dont usually get the hit by a bus internal injuries feeling and that is the only time i can remember. usually i just get bad DOMS as we rarely keep it the same every week. altho i have noticed the last 3 weeks we have been doing the same thing and upping the weights and i dont feel anywhere near as sore. i guess if you have weaker abs/gut/pelvic organs for whatever reason, the gut could take the strain of squatting a huge weight that the rest of your body can handle? the problem i have found with alot of gym stuff is once we get older, our bodies are the unique product of the way we have moved, our health issues etc from our whole lives. they never teach you this at personal training classes. you get snippets of general broad brush cautions but they dont really teach you observational skills so as you can work it out yourself. expecially when you do compound movements, the imbalances show far more.

i dont know anything about metabolic testing but it sounds interesting.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I thought metabolic testing meant endocrinology. But I guess it doesn't. Well, we'll see what they do. Doesn't hurt to go get a consult.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

cbeauty is offline Junior Member
    Doctors are trained too test for adrenal failure, not adrenal fatigue. You need to have a saliva test done for cortisol... or you will not be diagnosed correctly.

Robyn is offline Junior Member
    Hi SBHikes,
    Are you still feeling this way and did you ever figure out what it was?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Adrenal fatigue due to CNS burnout probably! Back out on heavy barbell compounds for a while and do more volume and less intensity training for 6 - 10 weeks. Reps between 8 and 15 and more sets and shorter pause between sets, and train between 3 - 5 days a week. Then later on you can come back and try your deadlifts and squat again, but they are generally a very strong medicine that should be used very sparingly in the low rep range, especially for people above their forties...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234