Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone at goal and maintaining? page 3

Jesster is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I was never able to reach the goal look. I would get close, and then my controls will slack and I will eat my way back up to higher fat and it takes a while to muster to go back down. I always wanted flat stomach and 25" in the waist line, and no visible bulge on the outer thigh with a large pronounced deltoid when arm is not flexed, and a good def on hamstring/quad. Never got there. My muscles always look smothered in fat and only pop when arms are flexed.

So, I have not achieved a goal, but being close to the goal for me is achieved by finding the ways to keep fat at bay without suffering. I tried many things, and had to ditch things like cold exposure, fasting and VLC as causing too much suffering to bear for me personally.
    This. I am so with you on this. Sometimes when I read your posts I wonder if we are not in fact the same person....!?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Nobody with a tendency toward overweight just wastes away to nothingness accidentally. You shouldn't worry about how to stop the weight loss once you reach your goal weight until you actually reach your goal weight. In other words, first find out if this will ever actually be a problem for you, otherwise, don't worry about it.

I think most people with a tendency toward overweight either never reach their goal weight (always have that last 5 or 10lbs to go) or else they do but they had to work very hard and so they know that the only way to maintain is to watch portions vigilantly indefinitely.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    This. I am so with you on this. Sometimes when I read your posts I wonder if we are not in fact the same person....!?
    Fitness Twins!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't consider 20% body fat to be "slathered in fat."

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    When I first started out, I was 230lbs.
    My goal was 160lbs., mostly because that was my weight as an athletic 19 year old, fresh out of Navy bootcamp, and it's the weight that I've always felt my best at.
    I got to 160, and around 10% bf, and now my body seems to want to stay there, without counting calories.

Charley is offline Member
    I now "hover" around goal weight. I always float 5-7 lbs around it... depending on time of the month, heavy workout, weekend of cocktails...etc. but I have been comfortable maintaining naturally just by continuing keep away from non-primal foods. I also have made a habit of only weighing myself occasionally. I wrote a little about "divorcing the scale" in one of my blog post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123