Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone at goal and maintaining? page 2

BaconLuv is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Let me guess. You've done Weight Watchers a lot? ;-)

Having a set goal is different than your body deciding where it is healthy at.

I'm 5'10 and 140lbs eating this way.
    LOL no I have not. I am 5'9 and before I got pregnant I worked my ass off and lost 50 lbs to get down to 140lbs. This consisted of watching my food intently , and working out at least an hour intensely a day.I was seriously fit and looked great, but it was a struggle to work out that hard and eat that well everyday. I actually went down to 135lbs when I had my tonsils removed and couldn't eat for almost 2 weeks (infection ) .. I looked seriously ill, so that is probably too low for me. So here I am post baby, and appx 150lbs, 3 weeks into primal - dropped 8 lbs (without working out due to an injury). The weight seems to be falling off, so I wasn't sure if it will just stop when its ready. I finally am able to workout again, and just started crossfit.
    So I guess I will just watch what my body tells me, and perhaps watch my body fat percentage also.

Thanks for the tips

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I started at a decent weight to begin with, but I'm not having to limit intake at all anymore. Eating as much as I like, I'm stuck at this weight (bar the muscle I'm gaining).
    Your body will find a healthy weight/shape/body-fat-% and stick to it for you.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    I would not go for a certain number, more for a "fit and lean" feeling (mind, not fitness model/competitor lean). I am 5'10 and my "happy" weight fluctuates between 140-145. I was going for 140 or less but then I have gained a couple of pounds in muscle after quitting anti-androgen birth control, so now I don't think I would go under 140 even with very clean eating. Basically, I think my body stays at the perfect weight, if I eat clean but above maintenance cals. Unfotunately eating clean at this time of year is next to impossible.
    Crossfit will help a lot - it's a great fat loss tool. I have just started as well Just have to be very careful and not get injured or overtrained. Good luck!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in maintenance now --- The weight/fat ratio seems to be fine. My body currently likes to be around 145lbs, down from 161. I haven't changed my eating and I've slighltly increased my carbs. I eat until I'm full, I'm not regularly tracking calories anymore. My goal is to be fitness queen in 2013. So, I've recently registered for CrossFit and I will be racing in some 5 and 10km races in 2013. I have found that my eating habits have permanently changed and I don't generally have cravings so I eat the same kinds of food day in and day out (it's morning at work and I"m having my cup of bone broth) -- while my poor hubster next to me is radically sick with an obnoxious cold/chest thing that won't relinquish him. I asked him if he'd like bone broth rather than coffee, to which he replied, "no". Right then! Charge on, solider! Anyway, you get my drift ---- I feel amazing with loads of energy and my back is finally healing from this herniated disc issue.

Quick funny story: I haven't seen my friends for about 6 months (since starting paleo), and last night we had our X-mas gathering at a pub. Everyone was SHOCKED when they saw me ---- and everyone said, "Clearly you are working out!" -- which I haven't been. Anyway, when the menus came around, people around the table started recommending to me the various salads on the menu. I ordered the 10oz steak with steamed veggies. You should have seen their faces when I demolished every last bite! It was hilarious. The thinking of loss weight = salads and low fat is rampant and flawed --- seriously flawed. Anyway, just a funny story to share around this Christmas season. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I was never able to reach the goal look. I would get close, and then my controls will slack and I will eat my way back up to higher fat and it takes a while to muster to go back down. I always wanted flat stomach and 25" in the waist line, and no visible bulge on the outer thigh with a large pronounced deltoid when arm is not flexed, and a good def on hamstring/quad. Never got there. My muscles always look smothered in fat and only pop when arms are flexed.

So, I have not achieved a goal, but being close to the goal for me is achieved by finding the ways to keep fat at bay without suffering. I tried many things, and had to ditch things like cold exposure, fasting and VLC as causing too much suffering to bear for me personally.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-19-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Anyway, just a funny story to share around this Christmas season. /Lu
    Maybe Santa will leave a nice, big potato in your stocking this year!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconLuv View Post
    So here I am post baby, and appx 150lbs, 3 weeks into primal - dropped 8 lbs (without working out due to an injury). The weight seems to be falling off, so I wasn't sure if it will just stop when its ready. I finally am able to workout again, and just started crossfit.
    So I guess I will just watch what my body tells me, and perhaps watch my body fat percentage also.
    You will stop losing weight when reaching homeostasis, thatís when energy expenditure and calorie intake are the same. All dieters on a reasonable diet will plateau sooner and later because of this, and when it happens you know your level of weight maintenance...

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I started at a good weight for my height, and so I lost more just for vanity's sake. I'm quite happy where I am, and my weight loss seems to have stopped, so I think my physical output/food input is at a happy equilibrium.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    This is a question I have been wondering my self. I started with Primal near on 8 weeks ago with a starting weight of 200lb ( I'm 5'9") I have always carried my weight well with decent muscle mass ( under the fat)

I'm now 24lb lighter at 176lbs.

The strange thing now is getting used to feeling so much thinner?

I did my first IF session this week, not by choice as I'm just getting over a cold that floored me for the most of this week. I couldn't face eating so dropped 2.8lb!!

I really don't want to lose much more weight to be honest but have no idea how to slow it down as I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not. I'm hitting the gym doing body weight work and swimming. I simply don't get that hungry any more.

Other than this week I feel great. my carb intake is deffo no more than 50g a day and I stick with the primal plan 95% of the time.

So I guess I just let it take its natural course and hope my body just sorts its own weight out

Puddleglumish is offline Member
    I was worrying about this but in the end I reached 126 lbs and stopped loosing weight. I seem to be able to eat more or less what I like without gaining although this hasn't been tested with breakfast cereals or bread. With the festive season being rammed down our throats I'm hoping that cakes and mince pies etc don't make me wish I hadn't posted!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast