Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I eating enough or too much fat?? page 2

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the input! I workout 3x a week using my body weight, 4 sets of 15 reps. I work in a retail store so i'm just walking around. I was skeptical about eating more fat because of going overboard with calories. So 1400 is too little, i'm actually relieved that I should be eating more

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes, definitely DO eat more, especially if you're active. Eating too little can be as much a detriment as eating too much. (Been there, done that.)

The calculator I just used put you at 2300-2400 calories to maintain your weight. You're about 1000 calories low. That can easily translate into...

2 tbsp butter and another 6-oz serving of meat, and you'd STILL be at a slight (350-500) calorie deficit.

Thanks Diana! But what if I'm not that active? My goal is to lose body fat and look lean. I work retail so I'm walking around briskly, but moderately workout 3x a week. I'm definitely going to eat more though!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Oh that was the number for your current activity level.

If you were completely sedentary, you'd need 1800-1900 calories to maintain.

Calculator Status:
    Calculator: BMR & RMR
    Next: Make another calculation or click on Calculators.
    BMR & RMR Results:
    The results of your calculations are: BMR 1,578 RMR 1,541 (calories)
    For an explanation of BMR and RMR and important notes on the accuracy of these calculations, see Calculating BMR and RMR. We also explain why RMR is likely to be more appropriate for your needs.
    As BMR and RMR only represent resting energy expenditure or calories burned during a day of rest, an adjustment must be made to reflect activity level. This can be done by multiplying by an activity factor:
    Factor Category Definition BMR RMR
    1.2 Sedentary Little or no exercise and desk 1,894 1,849
    job
    1.375 Lightly Active Light exercise or sports 1-3 2,170 2,119
    days a week
    1.55 Moderately Active Moderate exercise or sports 2,446 2,389
    3-5 days a week
    1.725 Very Active Hard exercise or sports 6-7 2,722 2,658
    days a week
    1.9 Extremely Active Hard daily exercise or sports 2,998 2,928
    and physical job
    Use of these activity factors produces a very rough estimate. For a more accurate estimate, calculate the actual activities that you perform as described in Calculating Daily Calorie Needs.

Calories Burned, BMI, BMR & RMR Calculator | CaloriesPerHour.com

I didn't even pay attention to any of that, thanks! I feel so relieved that I need to eat more

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    i think you should ditch the almonds and get the majority of the fat in your other meals. Eat the yolks, Eat the skin on the chicken and also use fattier meats.

Use other oils such as coconut oil and you should definitely add more cruciferous veggies to your day (Broccoli, Kale, etc..)
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Leida is offline Senior Member
    And save yourself grief and money by roasting whole chickens (all you need to do is to pour salt over a chicken and salt & pepper the cavity then stick it into the oven), and eating every part of it. If you absolutely have to have it pre-cut, get the thighs/drummsticks. In skin. Breast is the worst part of the chicken & should be given to a volunteer. Think about the kids at the table... what part of the chicken they always ask for before the societal norms kick in? That's right, legs.

I would actually add egg whites to my omelettes or scrambled eggs for fluffiness, because I do not eat dairy. But add some veggies & meat as well. If almonds taste good, eat almonds. Honestly.

Don't try to overeat, but don't make yourself starve either. Aim for feeling full in the end of your meal and staying full for at least 4-5 hours & being able to sleep without restless waking hours for about 7-8 hours a night.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post

Breakfast: 6 large eggs (2 yolks) cooked with garlic

Why aren't you eating 6 yolks... you are wasting perfectly good food not eating them.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    If you want to add lean muscle mass (not fat mass) you need to be eating more (yes, more fat and protein if you are staying low carb) and lifting heavy things. If you continue to eat such a low-cal diet your body will not differentiate between weight loss and fat loss. You eat less than I do and I'm female of the same height/weight. You don't need to count calories if you are listening to your body's satiety signals.

Eat the egg yolks (preferably free range)
    Real meat- not bacon bits or turkey bits
    Red meat
    Salmon/sardines for omega 3's
    I would actually advise against eating the skin/fat of animal products if you are eating conventional and keep adding the olive/coconut oil or pastured butter. Go for it if eating grass-fed or pastured.

rosa.michelle is offline Junior Member
    i think you are eating too less, than you should be.. !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12