Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jaime Oliver's Food Relovution page 3

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "You've got carb (points), carb (points), and then milk with more sugar then a soda." - Jamie Oliver from the 3rd episode

By watching the show I can tell that Jamie would have less carbs available if the guidelines did not require 2 things of "bread."

Jamie is doing a lot for the world and I am a big fan of him. He is an inspiration.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    I just watched this for the first time last night and was really impressed with what he's trying to do. yeah it's certainly not perfect but at least getting the proccessed stuff out is a good start. When I was a kid, we only had the "white" milk as a choice. Chocolate or strawberry were unheard of.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Yea, I remember those days when we had pizza delivered from Little Ceasers or Dominoes. It was everyones favorite days of the week. In a few years hopefully kids will be excited over a big ass salad bar or whatever else.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Regardless of what foods they're eating, we have no right to expect children to tolerate being stuffed into a classroom 35 hours a week.

None whatsoever. Human beings deserve better.
    I totally agree. It's one of the major reasons I now teach in very small groups of three or less. Even the government's own studies show that one hour of one-on-one instruction is worth six hours of classroom instruction.

This is the main reason homeschooled students tend to be way ahead of their classroom based peers - they cover all the "necessary" material and then have plenty of time to be people.

Buteo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Regardless of what foods they're eating, we have no right to expect children to tolerate being stuffed into a classroom 35 hours a week.

None whatsoever. Human beings deserve better.
    I totally agree as well which is why we home educate our son.

frgsonmysox is offline Member
    Watching this just reinforces my need to homeschool this upcoming year. Between long hours in a classroom with little physical (or mental!) stimulation and then horrible lunch choices - well, a few more weeks and we can legally start homeschooling. Thank goodness.

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    I went to school in the 1960s and 70s, but I always thought the cafeteria food looked gross and brought my own lunch 99% of the time -- typically leftovers of what my mom cooked the night before (I'm recalling things like meatloaf sandwiches, cold chicken wrapped in foil, some kind of stew in a plastic container) plus yogurt (the old Dannon in waxed cardboard containers where you stirred the preserves up from the bottom--ah memories!) or a piece of fruit (and probably a cookie ). Looking back, that was pretty darn good. I roll my eyes nowadays about my parents' bread-centered, nonfat-fake-everything eating habits, but my mother always cooked a good dinner with real food (after coming home from her full day's work as a physician!) and I now see how admirable that is, and I guess rare nowadays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123