I started eating primal 1.5 mos ago. I am very much 80/20 with the plan, especially when it comes to wine and the holidays.

it is because I am 80/20 that I do not think the issues I am having are carb flu related. Before I started eating primal, I was already low-carb with my diet and I have gone on diets under 50 grams of carbs before and not even experienced any of the symptoms people typically describe. I felt basically the same, I think sweet breathe was it.

So I am concerned I am not getting enough nutrients because maybe my veggie intake is not varied enough. I started crossfitting again a month ago and I find a few minutes into my workouts I get a very sever headache that lasts for hours. I've never had headaches like this before. I started taking a multivitamin and more vitamin D about 1.5 wks ago. But they persist. It's possible I am dehydrated, but I've never really had an issue with hydrating before.

Typically I eat broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, spinach, brussell sprouts and cauliflower, maybe a salad here and there. Usually whatever meat I have for dinner, I'll have the next day at lunch. I have an apple a day and I started eating avocados about 3x a week as a snack. Sometimes I'll have dark chocolate on weekends. Eggs and bacon for breakfast on weekends, but typically a protein shake during the week.

After the last headache I went home and ate a bunch of quinoa because I was thinking maybe I am too low carb. Hard to believe since I do drink wine fairly regularly and have dark chocolate on weekends.

Has any one experienced anything like this? I plan to stop drinking for a month after the holidays, see if I get better results. So far I am actually feeling worse not better.

I do not plan to give up eating primal and think the quitting drinking for a bit will help, but I am curious if anyone has had a similar experience.