Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Bad Headaches During exercise- Possible Nutrient Deficency? page 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Oh and maple syrup, honey, molasses, cane suger, milk...

jakey is offline Senior Member
    alright first things first - check with your doctor.
    with that out of the way, this sounds exactly like an exertion headache. these are usually caused by a tense muscle in the neck that will radiate pain up into your head. however, in my case, these were severly exacerbated by going VLC. it was a problem that didn't surface for months, but cleared up as soon as i dropped the ketosis bullshit. YMMV, but doing strenuous exercise without carbs works for a very slim minority of people.

emmie is online now Senior Member
    There is a type of headache called "exercise induced," and is exactly what you are describing. It has nothing to do with diet or nutritional deficiencies but is mainly hormonal. It can occur at any time in a person's life, even if that individual was regularly exercising without headaches.

You need to see a doctor to get an assessment. Any recurrent headache is a danger sign and requires medical evaluation.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Zach isn't primal.

I had a problem with exercise induced suddon-onset headaches. Cured it by cutting out the fishoil tablets. Just eating fish and other seafood instead for the omega3
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Zach isn't primal.

I had a problem with exercise induced suddon-onset headaches. Cured it by cutting out the fishoil tablets. Just eating fish and other seafood instead for the omega3
    So? Ever tried doing a crossfit session with no carbs? Have fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12