Thread: Gettting really bad heartburn lately page

jmosery is offline Member

Gettting really bad heartburn lately

Primal Fuel
    i've been getting terrible heartburn lately and it seems that I get it after drinking tea

i have a small cup of coffee in the morning. not even a full 8 oz worth

then i'll have a big cup of green tea and i'm fine

but when i have tea after lunch at work or in the evenings i get terrible heartburn

i looked online and found that tea often helps heart burn

anyone else get this? i ususally drink green tea or ginger tea

weird!! and i really like my tea especially now thats its cold out

anyone else?

jaime

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I actually get heartburn sometimes from green tea. Not very often though. Maybe it reacts to some other food and causes the heartburn?
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

irishfoxy is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I switched from coffee to tea (earl grey) in order to cut back on sugar, but instantly I noticed that my heartburn, which had disappeared when I started on primal, reappeared with a vengeance. I'm back to coffee, with reduced sugar, which somehow doesn't spike the burn...

I wouldn't trust online wisdom on what causes and cures heartburn, because a lot of it is CW and wrong - for example peppermint is "supposed to be" soothing and settling for the stomach, however anyone with GERD knows that it's not to be touched with a 10-ft pole because it does the opposite if you have chronic problems.

Basically, experiment with yourself - cut out the tea for a bit, and see if things change. Cut out something else next, and try the tea again. What works for you will be different than for someone else.
    28 years old, insurance broker
    starting weight 195 lbs (5'4")
    working on losing weight, getting active, and curing my GERD