Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ooooh! Feeling really bad. page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Question Ooooh! Feeling really bad.

Shop Now
    I have IBS and colon problems. And NO Gall Bladder.
    But I started this diet anyway, to see what happens. It went well for 2.5 weeks (I also lost 11 #). But yesterday I cooked 1 food in Coconut Oil and in a few hours felt really bad. It was 1 tsp.

Obviously there's a limit on my fat intake. Can the diet still work if I adjust for medium - low fats. I can eat about 3 eggs / day cooked in butter. And I'm cooking the roots and leafs in Olive Oil.

Alternatively, is there such a thing as a Gall Baldder transplant?

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    I have read on this thread that some dont do well with coconut oil. So maybe you are fine with fat intake, it must just be a particular kind of fat, in this case coconut oil.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    It can, but its suspect to me that you would do well for over two weeks high fat before having issue. If anything you would expect to possibly have some issue at first and things get better as you acclimate. Short story...may not be fat in general that caused your issue.

I know many that do this diet with high fat who previously had the gall bladder removed, so its not an automatic sentence to low fat purgatory
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-18-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, you may just have an issue with coconut oil, I'm not sure. I don't think you can say you went full on with NO issues from fat at ALL until yesterday and then suddenly just blame the fat as the culprit. There may have been something specific in what you ate yesterday that caused your issue.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I think you might need to do some research on this. I had a work colleague with no gall bladder and she's been told she has to eat a low fat diet. This might be CW, I don't know. Since it wasn't my problem I didn't look into it further, but you probably should.

stoney56 is offline Member
    Robb Wolf has said in the past to add in digestive enzymes and Ox Bile for people with missing gall bladders.

It is criminal that doctors just say "rip that fucker out" when in actually something we eat on the SAD (probably the gluten) is annoying our digestive system to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney56 View Post
    Robb Wolf has said in the past to add in digestive enzymes and Ox Bile for people with missing gall bladders.

It is criminal that doctors just say "rip that fucker out" when in actually something we eat on the SAD (probably the gluten) is annoying our digestive system to this level.
    It was ripped out 25 years ago due to a really bad doctor who thought I was constipated when I complained about pains in my stomach. She prescribed the Metamusal? fiber, which I took untiil I was in the operating room. By then it was completely gangerous.

I didn't have any digestive problems until many years later.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Your gallbladder serves no function other than to store bile. It doesn't produce bile or carry out any other useful function. Thus no gallbladder transplant being researched.
    Now, what do you mean by feeling sick after eating a lot of fat? Because the typical symptom for people who've had a cholecystectomy and consume a lot of fat is diarrhea because the liver alone just doesn't have enough bile available to help digest a massive amount of fat. Storing extra bile to help digest massive meals is the point of having a gallbladder. Therefore, if your main symptom was diarrhea, you should be perfectly able to consume a high-fat diet IF you separate your fat intake into several smaller amounts. E.g. rather than have your 3 eggs fried in coconut oil all at once, spread the eggs out over several meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    It can, but its suspect to me that you would do well for over two weeks high fat before having issue. If anything you would expect to possibly have some issue at first and things get better as you acclimate. Short story...may not be fat in general that caused your issue.

I know many that do this diet with high fat who previously had the gall bladder removed, so its not an automatic sentence to low fat purgatory
    I've been on low fat for many years, so I just started upping it slowly. I wouldn't say I was at high fat when I took the coconut Oil, because I don't really know how to measure it. I was cooking nearly everything in butter.

Yes, it's CW that with no Gall Blatter, then no fats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast