Thread: New to the Primal Blueprint! page

Phillykid is offline Senior Member

New to the Primal Blueprint!

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, i'm Justin. I just started Primal a couple days after reading about it and success stories and thought i'd give it a try. To start off, i was on the usual oatmeal/egg whites, chicken breast/vegetable, protein shakes diet. I ate 1,200 calories a day, but was never consistent. I like primal because of more food choices, but i'm not sure if i'm eating enough. Here's a sample of what I usually eat and my weight/height.

Height: 5"6
    Weight: 135
    Body fat: roughly 20%
    Main goal: Not lose weight, just shed body fat at a fast pace, but healthy

Breakfast: 6 large eggs (2 yolks) cooked with garlic
    Lunch: Big salad, 6 cherry tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, bacon bits (good amount, i love bacon), turkey bits, and 2 tblespoon olive oil.
    Snack: 25 almonds
    Dinner: Chicken breast with 1 cup spinach and 1 tbspn olive oil.

I try not to count calories, but at the same time not to overeat. I would say I eat about 1300-1400 calories depending on how much fat I eat. The amount of olive oil and bacon bits is sometimes different, but not by a lot. If I want to lose body fat, should i be eating more or am i not eating enough of something?? I keep my carb intake low, but i feel like i'm consuming too much fat. I also do moderate body weight exercises 3x a week.
    Last edited by Phillykid; 12-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.