Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat in the blood... page 2

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Lewis, yes there was plenty of information missing and a larger picture not shown, i could see through that much

I just couldn't form my thoughts on the matter even after the 3 months of reading and absorbing (and eating )

Huntress is offline Junior Member
    Hey, I saw that doco as well - it was quite good. When they showed the fat in the blood I was a little surprised as well. However, I questioned that just because there was fat in the blood, does it really mean anything? There was no clear explanation of what type of fat it was or any evidence of where it went and if it was good/bad. They sort of just made the assumption it would turn into fatty tissue. I suppose the main take away from that segment was that when exercising regularly less fat will be absorbed in you bloodstream.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I drank a stick of butter and gave a lipemic sample in phlebotomy school. On purpose. The answer is "No.", fat doesn't just magically stick to your arteries. There are plenty of days where I've eaten almost nothing but pure fat, lots at once, and nothing bad happened. The plaque that forms in arteries is now thought to form from within the tissues, not the surface, and is made of much more than the few accused molecules we've come to know and love.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    If what THEY say was true about the dangers of fat in our blood.....there would never be an obese person weighing 1400 lbs.

Our heart, blood, blood vessels and entire circulatory system does not work in the same way as a pedestrian piping system.

If fat really clogged up our arteries (and they say this begins in childhood at 5 or 6 years old) then we were created with the poorest of design.

If fat really clogged up our arteries we would be dead before hand.
    Last edited by StephenHLi; 12-22-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12