Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frequency of meals?. page

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member

Frequency of meals?.

Primal Fuel
    i was wondering how many times in a day must of you eat?

I was raised with the 3 meals a day plus some snacks lingo, and the importance of having breakfest.

But as I continue reading Im learning that Grok eat at best 2 times a day.

So im curious about your eating habits and your thoughts on this.

Some say is bad for you, others that is just fine.

Thanks.

Ocean.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    My opinion: less frequently is better. Digestion is a major drag on all systems while it's running, and giving it a rest allows the whole body to repair and recalibrate itself better.

From self study, I think that three meals within an 8 hour window, followed by a 16 hour fast, is pretty close to the sweet spot. I'm not quite there yet myself. On most days, I go for one big, long meal at the end of the day. On weekends and other days, I tend to have a very small breakfast, then normal lunch and dinner. I'm trying to find the best pattern for my particular lifestyle and appetite.
    Last edited by Timothy; 04-16-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member
    What i'm doing is having a 400-500 cal "breakfest" at 11 am and a so-so big meal at 5pm (in between I snack almonds or berries. all though this is not the case most often than not) and maybe some dinner at 9 pm, but I go without it most of the times.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I used to do 5-6 meals per day before PB. Now I do three meals per day, a big breakfast, medium lunch and big dinner. I like it.

Beef Cake is offline Senior Member
    I ate breakfast between 7 and 7:30 a.m.
    Just had lunch (Prime Rib, Black Grapes and Greek Yogurt) at 2:30 p.m.
    Dinner will be about 7 or 7:30 p.m.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    I do 3-4 times a day, weekends it'll go up to 4 for sure.

There's no golden number, some people can last all day and night on 1 big meal, while other people like 6 times a day. Whatever you do best on (mental clarity, overall feeling of satisfaction, energy, ect...) is what's right for you. Test different schedules out and find what works.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankOcean View Post
    i was wondering how many times in a day must of you eat?

I was raised with the 3 meals a day plus some snacks lingo, and the importance of having breakfest.

But as I continue reading Im learning that Grok eat at best 2 times a day.

So im curious about your eating habits and your thoughts on this.

Some say is bad for you, others that is just fine.
    Um...

Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're satisfied. Wait until you're hungry again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's about NOT scheduling food. Hunger doesn't come on a schedule, does it? Follow your hunger.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Sterling is offline Member
    Do whatever works for you. There was a recently published study that showed that higher protein and fewer meals/day decreased hunger and increased satiety; a very interesting study. I posted about it on my blog earlier this week.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Griff---eat when you are hungry. Only difference---a Japanese proverb(?) --hara hachi bu---Eat only 80%. In other words don't go till you feel full because that feeling tends to come too late and you 'overfill'.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I think it's important to learn to listen to your body and learn the difference between actual physical hunger and psychological hunger. Once you do that, you eat when you are hungry and stop when you aren't. I tend to get hungry twice a day - lunch around noonish to 1pm and dinner around 8pm. I've been this way my whole life. It wasn't until I started trying to lose weight that I tried to eat 5-6 times a day following conventional wisdom. Thank doG those days are over and I can go back to what my body prefers!
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast