Thread: Hello, everybody, nice to meet you! page

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member

Hello, everybody, nice to meet you!

Primal Fuel
    Hello,
    I have been primal since February this year and reading forum a long time. Decided to join the fun.
    I am from the Baltics, currently living in Luxembourg. Female, 47 years. English is not my native language, so please forgive any mistakes.

During my childhood we were close to primal - did not have any processed foods, no soda drinks, very little sugar, in our culture it is not customary to eat wheat bread, only rye bread, had very little rice but lots and lots of potatoes. As a good little girl I was doing some ballet but during my teens switched to karate and horse riding. Around 25 years of age I got to know the present CW and unfortunately believed it. I had weight problems for decades, tried different diets and yo-yo-ed back to where I started. That also meant that sports became increasingly difficult to do. I downgraded to easier things. Never stopped walking though, I have 2 irish terriers to walk with me every morning and evening.

Recently I saw fantastic shoes somebody had (VFF). Looked up the internet to find them and accidentally found paleo. From there - PB. Read the book and totally agreed with every word. Started almost primal eating except still had oatmeal for breakfast and 1 small chocolate cookie with my afternoon coffee. One day I tasted the oatmeal and suddenly it was so very disgusting I never had any more. The cookies went away from my menu after I took 2 instead of 1. I felt sooo bad afterwards. No desire for any grains any more. Cured. Now I don't have any wrong foods in my kitchen. Cleaned it about half a year into primal.

Along with the grains went away pain in the joints and some weight. The regained freedom of movement allowed to try a new and fascinating sport I found here in MDA links - slacklining. I still have some excess weight to lose, but I feel so good already!

My children are 22 (son) and 18 (daughter). Son is not completely primal but not totally against it. Which translates as he will eat primal if I feed him but will eat pizza from his GF hand. Daughter went primal headlong and is even more into it than me, also having better results. My parents live far away from us, we only visit them during vacations. They are not primal but not very far from it. At least no major health problems at 70+.

Hope you accept me in this fantastic online community.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome SeaHorse. We are glad you decided to join us. I have a pair of VFF's and I wear them everywhere I go. Everyone should wear them
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs