Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This works for me too! page

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member

This works for me too!

Shop Now
    Been paleo then redefined what I was doing after reading the Primal Blueprint as "Primal" for about 2.5 years. I do raw and fermented dairy along with some home fermented veggies and limited fruit or starch (just not a fan I guess). Oh, and I always cook fatty meats and make that the center of any meal.

I've never had a spell of not doing well while eating this way. Did drop some weight, but then worked to build up some lean mass.....but, weight loss was never a goal. The goal is and always has been optimal health and fitness.

I eat about 60f/10-20c/20-30p if I had to break it down and most days I don't eat till lunch. I do 3-5 hours of slow jogging/week with one day of BBS lifting/week and 2-4 days of dead lifts per month recently. Plenty of energy and overall still feel great.

See not all that exciting...and thats why these threads rarely occur
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-17-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, success is incredibly boring.

I like what you said about making the meat the center of your meals. That's how I do it as well. I have been looking at some of the carnivore sites and some of them are a bit off the deep end but a meat centered diet (not exclusively meat diet)works for me.

I too don't have much of a sweet tooth even for fruit and am not a starch fan. I do not have to "deprive" myself of spuds, I really don't like them unless slathered with butter, salt, and sour cream in which case they are just a delivery device. So, I basically eat things that actually taste good *to me*. What a concept!

That ends up being lots of meat, raw and/or fermented dairy, veggies that I genuinely like (not just the maternal voice in the head saying, "Eat your vegetables. They're good for you.") and some occasional nuts as a treat (I like pine nuts and macs). I love avocados and all thing coconut. The veggies end up being a complementary adjunct to the meat such as mushroom/bell pepper/onion sauce across my steak or pico de gallo salsa in my meatloaf.

The macros work out about 65-70f/25-30p/5c for me.

Ho hum. Boring old happiness.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    So guys... Should I post my success story about fixing my constant heartburn which was causing acid corosion in my throat, solving my gut issues, lowering bodyfat percentage, and correcting my total loss of libido?

Or would that be a bit boring to everyone?

Cheers on success!

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Success stories are never boring IMO. I love reading what works for different people...go for it
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

peril is offline Senior Member
    Meat, fish, offal, vegies (raw, fermented, cooked), dairy (cheese, yoghurt, butter, ghee), some starch, little fruit

No drugs and no more angina, sinuses clear for first time in many years and keeping up with much younger paddle mates

Nothing to see here
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Yup...another boring story here.....easy peasy -- no drama. Starting Cross Fit tomorrow --- we'll see what comes with that....6am class (woot woot).
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Mine truly is boring. However there are many that are very inspirational including those above.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Fixing the loss of libido can't possibly be boring. Please include some juicy details.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Fixing the loss of libido can't possibly be boring. Please include some juicy details.
    LMAO

No great details to share really, other than to say that low fat eating caused extremely low levels of saturated fat and cholesterol in my diet which was not beneficial for my testosterone levels and they plummeted (seriously down to clinically low levels). And I am in my 20s!

This reversed itself when I went primal, thus adding the fats back to my diet. The docs thought I might have some serious hormone deficiency issues, but that wasn't it at all. It was merely a lack of the materials my body needed to make the stuff!

I think the acid corosion in my throat from heartburn and the gut issues were the bigger victories. But my libido issues certainly prove that even us young types can't always escape the effects of following CW wisdom.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    DH and I have been going on this two years, and we're healthy as can be.

It's so funny, because I was at the swimming pool today with DH, and this guy who I thought was 55 or so, turns out he was 42. He thought DH and I were around 25. HE assumed this because we have a little guy and we're so fit. We assumed his age because his son was about 15/16 or so. His son and my husband -- same amount of lean.

He and DH chatted a fair bit about what our protocols are, and how easy it is.

Of course, we already came with a decent foundation in health. DH was already working out, so was I, and we were generally healthy (gut issues for him, etc). But, since doing this very simple primal, we are healthier than ever.

And it feels great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast